Can crickets chew through plastic

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
Can they? Because i was going to make a habbitat for mine ans was wondering if they could

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
not that ive ever witnessed.. I keep my crix in a KK , or in the bag they come in when i get them (i just have the LPS toss egg crate in with them) depending on how many i buy at a time. ive never seen them eat their way out of either

shebeen

Arachnobaron
I have read that they can chew through nylon window screen but I've never witnessed it myself. Still, I use aluminum window screen on all the tubs in my cricket farm just to be safe.

Porp

Arachnosquire
I can confirm that they can chew through the nylon screening. Just recently had to re-screen my two cricket enclosures

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
not that ive ever witnessed.. I keep my crix in a KK , or in the bag they come in when i get them (i just have the LPS toss egg crate in with them) depending on how many i buy at a time. ive never seen them eat their way out of either
i used to keep mine in bag that they came in with egg carton but it seems they all died faster

Louise E. Rothstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crickets need more oxygen than they are likely to find in an airtight bag.

Fungi do not...THEY like a bag like that just fine!!!
Fungi just LOVE the terrific humidity in there...
And stressed,unhealthy crickets are easier for fungi to feed on...if the crickets are not fed off first.

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
I accually figured out when i woke up today they can...they probably were hungry though i had them in plastic bag woke up and there was a ripped hole in it....so far i found 4 crickets