can anyone help make terarrium backgrounds? using insulation foam.thankyou

ruzzel

Arachnopeon
i am a newbie having t's.. im longing to make a background design of terarrium....:?

Last edited:

ruzzel

Arachnopeon
sad..hehe

could anyone please help me how to make background designs using insulation foams and introduce it step by step? thank you for your kind consideration..:?

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another thing you can do to answer a lot of your questions is to use the search button. Its right under where it says Welcome, urname. Click on it, type in what you want. You will get lot of information but you will get the hang of it. Welcome to the boards.

peachypaderna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, man. I believe we also have that sort of information in the forum board for the Philippine Tarantula and Scorpion Society. Local, kumbaga. You might want to check it out. ;)

redsaw

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I made this one using insulating foam,plaster of paris & paint. pretty easy. This is a 2.5 gal tank

This one is in a 10 gal for a baby corn snake.

finished tank

background before paint.

after 1st painting

after highlights

close up

the_mask86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
robc has pretty good videos for these DIY stuff.
doesn't hurt to use the search button as well!
cheers.

Hilikus311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I made this one using insulating foam,plaster of paris & paint. pretty easy. This is a 2.5 gal tank

This one is in a 10 gal for a baby corn snake.

finished tank

background before paint.

after 1st painting

after highlights

close up
WOW :clap: :clap:

That is some high quality ARTISTIC stuff! I really like RobC's design for its simplicity and efficiancy (sp?), but yours looks like it would require some skill during the "highlighting" process. Nice work and def. a money making idea

redsaw

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the compliments on the background every one.
Its pretty straight forward but I may make a tutorial if there would be interst in it. Or if you just want to know more let me know.

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its pretty straight forward but I may make a tutorial if there would be interst in it. Or if you just want to know more let me know.
Make the tutorial! I'm down to try a new project!

WS6Lethal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And for those that don't have time, you should consider making some and selling them.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree, make the tutorial. Thats a very nice looking background.

blix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You should definitely make a tutorial on how to make those highlights with the paint. I think most of us can manage to make the basic background cut from insulation foam, but those painting skills just blew my mind completely. It looks very real.