Can an Emperor Scorpion live without its tail?

drummindan2007

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So a few weeks ago my Female Emp gave birth to about 15 scorplings. After they all molted only 11 ended up surviving. I separated them into their own containers when I noticed that one of them didn't have a tail.

He acts just like all of the other babies, very fast and curious, almost to the point to where if you didnt know scorpions had tails you'd think he was completely normal.

Will he be able to live without a tail? Will it cause molt problems? Its not like emps really use their tails for prey, but rather their claws. Has anyone else experienced something like this? :?

BTW: Can't take a pic due to my camera being broken.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sweet....well assuming it has some type of anus to poop from it could very well live. But the tail does contain the anus.

drummindan2007

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good question? It has been alive for almost a month now, and has molted and turned brown. Also eated 3 times. I would have to imagine that it has gone to the bathroom at least once during the last month.:}

drummindan2007

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will post a pic as soon as I can. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One baby I have is missing a telson and even one tail segment, have a pic in an old thread. It's still doing fine. Somebody else in that thread said they had experienced it too.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well i'm guessing it still has a poop hole....if you ever consider selling the scorpion let me know via PM. But it sounds like it will be fine if it's escreting.
-Eddy

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Someone once gave me a p. imperator that they had removed the telson from so it wouldn't sting them!:evil: It did just great without it.