C. Versicolor dying?

Pec85

Arachnopeon
Hey there. Kinda new to these forums. I was on another forum but it got shutdown. I joined a long time ago when I bought my first T. Acted like a dimwit. I've lived, I've learned. As we all do. Anyway. My C. Versicolor just molted and I'm pretty sure it didn't go well. Its legs look really deformed. It moved from Its web to the ground. Won't eat and is incredibly lethargic. I tried to bump it a bit with a paintbrush and it's usually quick but it looks like it's having trouble moving it's legs too and just doesn't want to move. Any help would be fantastic. Thank you.

Last edited:

Pec85

Arachnopeon
The screws were holding up a lower makeshift roof that I put in so he wouldn't climb out because the lid is at the top and I didn't want the little bugger to crawl out when I opened it. I needed it to be smaller too but didn't have the funds to get a new one right away because i really didn't like this enclosure It was doing great in it though. I'm pretty sure there was enough ventilation. I don't know. It's my first Arboreal too.

Attachments

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
If it can barely move I would take it out and try to give it drops of water on its mouth area. See if it will drink them

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As long as it can eat and drink it will likely make it

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Having those roudn holes I'd use some round perforated ventilation caps, you will get better ventilation from them.

Regarding to your enclosure, you can add some fake climbing plants around the cork bark, this will provide her more anchor points to webb and having a better hiding place.

The lethargic movement could be dehydration, I would moist the moss on the cork bark and put her near that moss, so she can reach the moss and drink from it if she needs it.

Cas S

Arachnoknight
Having those roudn holes I'd use some round perforated ventilation caps, you will get better ventilation from them.
Just make sure to get the plastic ones instead of the metal wire/mesh ones cause Ts can get their feet stuck in them and also bend them apart.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Just make sure to get the plastic ones instead of the metal wire/mesh ones cause Ts can get their feet stuck in them and also bend them apart.
Nope, metal ones with round holes, the T can tear plastic grills easily, and I know it by experience.

Something like this:

HTB1JQdFhsUrBKNjSZPxq6x00pXaw.jpg

Pec85

Arachnopeon
Ok thank you all very much. I'll try and get her some water. This enclosure started out with mesh/wire so I got rid of them. I don't know why they sell them like that. Through trial and error I've found some decent enclosures though.

She just does not want to move. And I tried to get a better picture of her legs. They aren't straight, they're wavy and when she walks they're above her abdomen. She doesn't use them at all. She definitely has trouble staying firmly attached to the walls as well. She is now back on the ground in the corner in a ball. 20200811_082415.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I see the leg deformities from the recent molt and it may also drop the back legs if it becomes a hindrance which the spider will recover those back legs its next molt if it does drop them. If it's not eating then have you checked the recent molt exuvia and see if it's sucking stomach molted out? If it didn't molt out the sucking stomach then that may be the problem as to why it's not eating.

The enclosure could use a bit more work such as more ventilation and coverage towards the top such as fake plants on the top of the enclosure to encourage more proper webbing.

Hope this helps.