C exilicauda pics

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Behold! The most glorious scorpions ever! Eat your heart out Stan!

haroldo359

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
those are great pics. i am getting me a pair of them in the next couple of days... and i can't wait.

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
John,

Those are fantastic! I ordered some 3rd instars from Graham (GSC... Strange Cargo Inverts) and can't wait for them to show up!

Sweeeeeeeeet!

And keep up the fantastic photography!

Martin

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gorgeous!, :) John, that would be a great cover shot for a color photo-book of the world's scorpions. My two males are thriving BTW, thanks again!. :D

Last edited:

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dang Pandinus- more beautiful pictures! I'm still waiting for that female you gave me to pop. Great job!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gsc said:
Dang Pandinus- more beautiful pictures! I'm still waiting for that female you gave me to pop. Great job!
oh, she will, she will. in the mean time, i have hear that you got your hands on enough to tide you over.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Sighhhhh! I'm in love! :} I'm getting 10 (or so) next week, some of them gravid. You've converted me John, I'm a scorp lover! :worship:

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok, i got two new pics:

first, one of my particularly gravid females, i expect a large litter from her.

and secondly, one of my largest, she dwarfs the rest, and look at that coloration! she almost looks red enough to be a babycurus!! lol

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How you figure shes gravid? By the way nice pics. I wish I had a good camera.

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really? She seems pretty thin. One of my female C. Exilicauda is pretty fat but I really dont know what to look for to tell if shes gravid. I dont know if I see embyos or her internal organs.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Really? She seems pretty thin.
she carries her weight well. {D
just kidding, this is just a flattering shot, she is really fat right now, she is just hunched up in the pic.
if you see a bunch of little white dots through her sides, she is porbably gravid. it's easier to tell than you may think. especially with centruroides.

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you ever get the time to get a pic up of her side that would be awesome. I dont recall seeing any white dots on mine.

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
After taking a second look I can see some little white dots in the center of her side. Maybe 4 or so in one small segment.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that's it! congrats! break out a bunch of itty bitty cigars! ;)