C.Darlingi not burrowing is it normal?

CactusJack

Arachnopeon
So I rehoused my c.darlingi sling in a deli cup and for it's size I believe it has enough substrate to burrow but it doesn't it just hangs out on the top and web a little bit in the top.I believe this sp is a burrowing sp so just a little worried

Eighth Element

Arachnopeon
There’s probably not anything to worry about. Mine hasn’t burrowed since it’s substate change. I’m sure there’s plenty of substrate in its enclosure. Slings generally do whatever feels best to them. Mine had burrowed past. Like I said since we changed his substrate he doesn’t burrow he just made a web burrow.

CactusJack

Arachnopeon
Owhhh okok thanks budd cause I was kinda worried because recently while I was rehousing it bolted on me and fell from my table to the floor so I got a lil worried because of that he doesn't borrow or smtg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Pictures always go a long way. ;)

Also, when did you rehouse your T? It sometimes takes weeks or even months until they've acclimated and start to burrow.

Gh0st

Arachnopeon
My Ceratogyrus never burrow. I've given them ample substrate to do so, but mine always web up the top layer of substrated and stay out. The only time mine seem to burrow or hide is when they are molting. This has just been my experience thus far.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I find that Ts who burrow take an exceptionally long time to get to it after a rehouse.

That being said, none of my C. darlingi have ever been major burrowers. They may make a single little tunnel, but mostly they web ALOT.

CactusJack

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the guide guys really appreciate it and actually my c.darlingi has made an maze like system with his substrate Kinda cool to watch him work