C. cyaneopubescens growth.

Aubrey Sidwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a 2" female C. cyaneopubescens that developed a growth of some sort right in the middle of the sternum. It appeared right after her last molt. She does not have the same appetite she had before her last molt but she does eat once in awhile. Has anyone dealt with something similar and do you believe it's something parasitic or possibly something left over from the last molt? It was a tough photo to get with any clarity but you get the idea.

Demon187

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if she was disturbed after her molt and tried to flick hair on her soft abdomen before she had time to harden up it might have caused this. almost like a blister. but i'm not too sure. there are so many more experianced people on here that you might wanna wait and hear what other people think before you take that as gospel, but its just a suggestion

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if she was disturbed after her molt and tried to flick hair on her soft abdomen before she had time to harden up it might have caused this. almost like a blister. but i'm not too sure. there are so many more experianced people on here that you might wanna wait and hear what other people think before you take that as gospel, but its just a suggestion
Can't be this. It's on the sternum (the spot in the middle of the coxae on the underside of the carapace). I honestly can't say what it is, but it looks more "parasitic" than some sort of injury.

samsbugs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Got me

I have never seen this, I would like to know myself. Good luck, I hope it's not a danger.

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my friend next to me says he thinks its a parasite of some kind, so maybe research them....:confused:

im hoping its ok for you i love GBBs theyre so beautiful!! jus got mine yesterday:)