C. Cyaneopubescens and moisture

Dasma

Arachnopeon
I've had this sling for 7 months now and have never actually seen her (no idea what sex it is) do this before. As far as I'm aware they like everything bone dry, so this sort of surprised me seeing it from her. Is sitting over their water bowl normal for this species? I make sure the bowl is always full. So it just seemed a bit odd. Also sorry for the bad photo, best I could do with my phone.

Attachments

H3nry

Arachnopeon
Slings tend to need a little moisture even if it's an dry species maybe try over flowing the water dish a little to add a little moisture but I'm new so if some one else more experienced says anything listen to them more

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
+1 drinking. You just caught it drinking, no need to worry. They look very healthy to me, nice and plump!

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I've had this sling for 7 months now and have never actually seen her (no idea what sex it is) do this before. As far as I'm aware they like everything bone dry, so this sort of surprised me seeing it from her. Is sitting over their water bowl normal for this species? I make sure the bowl is always full. So it just seemed a bit odd. Also sorry for the bad photo, best I could do with my phone.
Yyyep, like said above, just drinkin some water. Ive only caught mine drinking once, but she's fed pretty regularly, which also helps them hydrate. Its all good in the neighborhood, dont start moistening anything any more than you have been.

Dasma

Arachnopeon
I don't mist any of my tarantulas, just overflow the water bowls on some. Her I never even do that, just keep her bowl full. She was standing over it for about 10 minutes before walking away, so I figured everything was fine. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks everybody!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Looks like it was having a drink... I do catch mine standing directly above the water dish every now and again but I don't do more than slightly overfill the water dish once in a blue moon.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I find mine a pet hole , only seen their backside about four times since February ( juvenile) I just put in pre killed prey as I'd never know if they've moulted . Never ever seen them at their water bowl , don't know whether they change as they get older . Maybe I've just got a shy lazy one lol.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Where is her webbing???
Mine's water dish is in her basement level. I do sometimes use tongs to tear an opening so I can refill hers. But wow -- to see a GBB water dish free of webbing -- a first for me. Lucky you!
There is a valid reason. He was a MM that had arrived about 20 minutes prior in the mail and had just been introduced to his new enclosure. The travel must have made him thirsty.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Where is her webbing???
Mine's water dish is in her basement level. I do sometimes use tongs to tear an opening so I can refill hers. But wow -- to see a GBB water dish free of webbing -- a first for me. Lucky you!
I put less anchor points at the end with the water dish, I find it stops heavy webbers from gift-wrapping them.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I put less anchor points at the end with the water dish, I find it stops heavy webbers from gift-wrapping them.
I actually put no anchor points on one narrow side -- I placed her water bowl and a ping pong ball on that side. (Please -- don't waste a ping pong ball on these guys!)

I think she probably used the bowl and ping pong balls 'as' anchors. Seriously, her webbed sheeting (multi-layer/multiple 'floors') covers every single inch of her enclosure: wall to wall, corner to corner. She even managed to attach some higher webbing to... nothing -- just the enclosure wall. Her main corkbark was on opposite side from water and ping pong ball; and the plant anchors were glue-gunned to both longer tank sides. I think when she ran out of easy webbing ... she just took up the challenge to complete the job anyway.

Disclaimer: she's had 3 years to do this excessive webbing. I adore the webbing and don't mind punching hole through to refill water dish. Proud of my gal.