Buying Online Questions?

IchLiebeTier

Arachnopeon
Should I pay for the overnight shipping for 30 dollars or the 2-3 day delivery for 10 dollars?

AReaHerps

Arachnopeon
How important is your purchase? How expensive is your new addition(s)? Everywhere I've seen you either get live guarantee or you don't. Basically view it as expensive shipping insurance.

Sent from my Android Tapatalk App!

IchLiebeTier

Arachnopeon
I wanna get 2 Wc adult Vaejovis spinigerus and I dont like wasting money and I dont wanna have them die.

Twillis10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do priority on cheap stuff when the weather is good (spring/fall) and the shipper is reputable. I have only had one bad experience with priority shipping. The packing was horrible, it got way hotter than expected and the mail guy got to my house really late. You can always ask the guy you are buying from his opinion.

jarmst4

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most of the time live arrival is only guaranteed with next day shipping.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It depends on two things....How expensive is your order and how far do you live away from the online site you purchasing the scorpions from???
But to be honest, I had scorpions shipped from oversea or that had been delayed in the mail for a couple days, and they all arrived alive and stinging. :evil:{D:evil:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Being you are ordering from Swifty, your scorps will be packaged excellent. Also in my opinion, scorps do well being shipped. I wouldnt worry much, and do the 2-3 day, but of course its up to you. Accidents do happen.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The accidents? Me too. But they dont happen as near as often as you think. Also being shipped overnight, they are handled rougher/faster.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It depends on two things....How expensive is your order and how far do you live away from the online site you purchasing the scorpions from???
But to be honest, I had scorpions shipped from oversea or that had been delayed in the mail for a couple days, and they all arrived alive and stinging. :evil:{D:evil:
So you utilized an import/export permit, or you simply brown-boxed your animals in? As scorpions ordered from overseas (legally) don't usually arrive to your house in the mail....

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I say you would have no problems with express mail from Kelly especially with scorps, although I would talk with him about his opinion. I have shipped scorps from Georgia to Texas where temps reached over 100 at the destination and the scorps (V. caralinianus) were in transit for 5 days and all arrived alive and seemingly healthy. Most of my experience shipping and recieving scorpions have been with express shipping and I have never had a loss. You shouldnt worry too much.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Native scorpions are real hardy. Vaejovis spinigerus can handle temps well over 100 to below freezing. The only issue would be how the package is put together. If they are put in a deli cup with a small piece a paper towel they might have a problem. If they are packaged so that they have cushoning all around they should be fine.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Native scorpions are real hardy. Vaejovis spinigerus can handle temps well over 100 to below freezing. The only issue would be how the package is put together. If they are put in a deli cup with a small piece a paper towel they might have a problem. If they are packaged so that they have cushoning all around they should be fine.
Second this.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
The accidents? Me too. But they dont happen as near as often as you think. Also being shipped overnight, they are handled rougher/faster.
I worked at a parcel company and will attest to this. Packages that needed to be somewhere tomorrow were rushed through the system so while you're unloading your bosses are screaming to go faster. Boxes end up being dropped, thrown, stepped on etc...

Also, it really depends where you're located (and temperature/weather). If you're located in a rural area, overnight might take more than one night to get to you and priority might take more than 2-3 days. I had a package come from the middle of the country that took longer than the one from California (priority). It's really up to you. It's not a waste if you're considering it an insurance payment, however you should read up on their LAG guidelines so you don't wait too long to alert them etc...

Like everyone else says, it depends on how much and how important are the items you're getting. If your only spending 30 bucks, I don't know if you want to double it by paying the shipping on that, but if you're spending hundreds then definitely get the lag.

Sigyn

Arachnopeon
Is shipping within international(i.e. between two countries) possible. I live in india where you won't get anything like arachnids or exotic pets

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is shipping within international(i.e. between two countries) possible. I live in india where you won't get anything like arachnids or exotic pets
If export into India is illegal, then no, you would not, but there are many species native to India and areas around there...

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
???? You are lucky enough to live in India which has numerous species of scorpions, whip spiders, centipedes etc etc...Do your homework, mail someone from a local university or go looking for them....there is lot's to be found! You could try to buy or lend the book: scorpions of india, by tikader and bastawade....