Burrowing Tarantulas Molt

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes or No , Do i need to remove the molt myself or will they bring it up to the top of their den? Shes been in there for a week with it.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If she is in the burrow with the molt, leave it alone. When she comes out of the burrow you can retrieve it unless she brings it out herself.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If she is in the burrow with the molt, leave it alone. When she comes out of the burrow you can retrieve it unless she brings it out herself.
I don't know if this helps but she is a OBT and ive always had to pull them out myself but i wanted to see if she would do it herself this time especially seeing as she made a nice L shaped burrow... it wouldnt exactly be easy going in there when shes out thats asking for trouble, considering how fast she is and the top would be off.

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unless you aim to sex the exuvia, you don't have to dig up its molt. An OBT will either push its exuvia out when/if it wants to, or incorporate it into its burrow.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I agree... just leave it be. If she doesn't want it around, she'll move it :)

pearldrummer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would just leave it. No sense in bothering the tarantula unless you have to. In my experience if they don't want the exuviae it will get "jettisoned" from the burrow.

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the key point to take away from the above posts is that there is no direct need to extract the moult. Rather you can if the opportunity presents itself and you want to, but if not, that's fine too.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok thats all i wanted to know if it was bad if it was left in there or not, thanks i got all the information i needed!