Breeding White Knee Tarantulas

crok118

Arachnopeon
We have two female and one male White Knee tarantulas and we are attemting to breed them as they are all mature. After numerous attempts we've had no luck and we were wondering if there is anything specific we need to do to get this species to breed successfully, eg. changing temperature or humidity.
They are going through all the motions everytime so is it just bad luck or is there anything we could do to improve our chances?
Thanks

crok118

Arachnopeon
So you're saying there are no insertions?
There has been on one occasion but as yet there has been no egg sac produced so we are unsure of the success and were wondering if anything else could be done to improve our chances.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah, alright. I wasn't sure how far through you got with them.

I have never bred this species so maybe someone who has can comment. You may want to try contacting some of the members who posted on the breeding report; they may be able to help you out.

--Joe

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not sure what a white knee is, but if you are talking about A. geniculata I have a few friends who have breed them. They say they take forever to drop a sac. How long ago did you try breeding? One good insertion is all it takes.
I have a P. cancerides sac with only one insertion. (at least that's all I seen)

crok118

Arachnopeon
How long ago did you try breeding? One good insertion is all it takes.
We've been trying them together for a few months now but it has only been a few weeks since I witnessed a clear, good insertion.
Our male is usually quite good with one of the females but the other is huge and he can't seem to lift her properly.