Breeding project index

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
while there is a breeding reports forum, and classifieds, i felt that this would be a helpful thread. The idea of the thread is for people currently working on breeding projects to announce them, and their status. My thought is that people can see what others are breeding currently, as well as how, so that efforts can be better coordinated. I would only ask that there be no "can i buy the young" type threads. I just feel like with the new species and the decline of some old species, healthy populations can be achieved and maintained if all of us work together. here we can inquire about setups, keep tabs on who's doing what, etc. Here, I'll go first.

Species: Leiurus quinquestriatus
# of individuals: 1 subadult
Details: no details as of yet

Species: Androctonus australis
# of individuals: 1 gravid female
Details: 1 gravid WC female, very gravid, kept at around 80-75 degrees F in a small enclosure with shallow substrate and several pieces of wood without water dish w/ occasional misting. Female is no longer feeding. Possibly looking to expand to small colony.

Species: Tityus serrulatus
# of indivuals: 1 gravid female
Details: One isolated gravid CB female kept at room temperature (75-80) without water dish and is subject to weekly misting. Hoping to form large colony.

John

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a good idea...!

The only problem I see is for people like me and my brother who have atleast 20-30 breeding projects going on if not more..if you look in my profile you will see most of the species we have, and are currently breeding only a fraction of those are instars.

I will see if i can't think of a better format to use to make things go a little quicker for those that have lots of species that they are breeding :)

Nick12007

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It would probably be easier to have an index of species/populations first, and clicking on the species/population name would then give you a list of people who have that as their project.
Searching for people by name would be easy just by using the search function.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'll go. I like this idea a lot.

Species: Uroplectus planimanus
Status: Very big female. Depending on how many she gives birth to, if she does, they will be available for purchase
Details: Female that has given birth before, but with Uroplectus has the ability to store sperm. Keeping at a warm 80-85 during day, and low 70's at night. I have a water dish full at all times, because she likes to drink, and I have heard that she needs water not RH.

Species: Compsobuthus werneri werneri
Status: so far the gestation has been longer than expected. I am hoping she will give birth very soon
Details: Isolated from the male, and have used a film vial as a man-made burrow so she will not receive any light if she likes.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
you dont have to follow my template, do whatever, mine just works for me.

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I currently have:

Pandinus Imperator
Number of specimens: 2
Details: One was mated by myself, the other bought from the shop last week but looks to be in the late stages of pregnancy. I placed her with a male to double check and she's definately not intersted in mating.

Odonturus Dentatus
Number of specimens: 3
Details: All third instars, looking to maybe start a colony when they are mature

Hottentotta Judaicus
Number of specimens: 1
Details: I'm having one second instar delivered over the next few days, my friend also has one. Hopefully they are male/female and can be bred.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
since it has never been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that continual inbreeding causes no adverse development in arachnids, i would also like to someday institute a pedigree program, although i'm sure that will be far off down the road, so i'll focus on coordinating breeding first.

John

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is one of my pair's of Androctonus Crassicauda's. The female is gravid, but not from this male. This is most likely a 2nd litter of the first pairing I did with her last December. I should have 3-4 female's going this year on the Crassi's and double that next year. I will shoot some pic's of the Bicolor's and Australis when I get some time, but here are a couple fresh pic's.

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments