Breeding A. seemani

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've been searching for information about breeding A. seemani, but I've been able to find very little. There are no breeding reports and most of the threads that have been started about breeding this species are very old and/or contain little to no information.

Does anyone have experience breeding this species? From the little I've been able to find, it seems that it isn't an extremely easy species to get a viable sac from.

I've got Ed's male here and I plan to pair them this weekend. The female is in a 10 gallon aquarium that she's been in since I got her in December. She molted about 1.5 months ago.

Any tips?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Feed them both well, introduce the male into the females tank and wait to see if they drum at each other, I would just be ready to seperate them in case things turn violent, dont get discouraged if nothing happens right away, just keep pairing them as long as the male has made a sperm web before each introduction, i have a juvie female A. seemani and it is nice to see people trying to breed them, most of the ones you see are wild caught, if you get a sac that will be at least a few hundred that wont have to be taken from the wild...

Good Luck !!

Regards, Mike :worship:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried breeding A. seemanni last year with no luck. Both male and female were well fed and in great condition. The female was strange though. She'd seem receptive for a little while, even letting the male lift her up a bit, but would then lash out at him. This happened a few times but eventually she was able to get a good bite on the male. From all I could see the male got at least a few good insertions but I never got an eggsac from the female (she finally molted out this last June). The only tip I could offer, and this only comes from one attempt at breeding this species, is don't try to let them cohabitate unless your female is extremely receptive. That probably goes for all species though, I guess. :eek:

I hope you have better luck than I did because, like Mike said, these really need to be captive bred more often.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Beeca, I will let you know soon!

I am taking on a matured male for my two nice females this monday. I will have everything documentated for future reviews in the breeding forum.

Hopefully between to the two of us we can get a CB sack out there for the peeps.

Right now my H. maculata is sitting on one sack just weeks after my G. rosea sack was completly hatched.

Jaden

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I plan to breed as well.

Chris if I'm lucky and get me a male I got a couple of females I plan to do some breeding with as well. Between three of us and around six females we got to get one sac you'd think.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am also going to be breeding my 2 females. I am already in line for a male. Can't wait until he's available! Good luck to all of you with your breeding. Can't wait to see pics and updates!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The male just finished loading up his emboli so I'm going to try to pair them tonight or tomorrow. The female has been eating well and she's never been very aggressive towards me (nervous more than anything else). I don't know if that will have any bearing on her receptiveness towards the male, but I can hope!

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish you guys all the best luck with your A. semanni breeding projects, but sadly, I think its a lot like trying to bred G. rosea-its a lot harder than poeple think to captivly bred them. You guys are right too-we need less wild caught T's in the hobby....

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hmm. :? :? :? ..I didn't have any problems...heh heh

Beccas_824 said:
I wish you guys all the best luck with your A. semanni breeding projects, but sadly, I think its a lot like trying to bred G. rosea-its a lot harder than poeple think to captivly bred them. You guys are right too-we need less wild caught T's in the hobby....

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
becca81 said:
The male just finished loading up his emboli so I'm going to try to pair them tonight or tomorrow. The female has been eating well and she's never been very aggressive towards me (nervous more than anything else). I don't know if that will have any bearing on her receptiveness towards the male, but I can hope!

I'm glad to hear he's settling in, I'm hoping he can get the job done. I can't wait to see some pics.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
becca81 said:
Hi Becca.
Yae i have heard that they are very hard to get a sac from. Futhermore, the matings are very difficult.! Both sexes are very agressive to one another i have heard. But good luck Becca :clap: CHEERS!!!///Johan

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Beccas_824 said:
G. rosea aren't as prolific breeders as some Ts (like P. murinus), but they aren't extremely hard to breed.

From the information I've been able to collect, I'm not sure if anyone has been able to produce a CB sac in the US. I've seen some CB slings for sale and I'm trying to find out who produced them to see if I can get any tips.

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
becca81 said:
G. rosea aren't as prolific breeders as some Ts (like P. murinus), but they aren't extremely hard to breed.
Well, they maybe easy to bred, but I have heard that the actual sac ends up going bad most of the time.