Brazillian Black and White 3" Female

NYTMAN

Arachnopeon
My Brazillian stays at the top the 21/2 gallon tank she resides in constantly.
She eats and drinks other wise .
Can any one answer this one? I would appreciate any help thanks to all who reply

P.S. i changed substrate to peat /organic soil mix removed the vermiculite

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Often when you do substrate changes or put a T in a new tank they will react this way. I am sure she will settle down soon.

You are keeping it mostly dry with a water dish right?

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The substrate for this species should be moist, but not wet. I wouldn't recommend keeping it dry. As for the climbing, have you offered the T a hiding place? She will need either a pot shelter, or something to burrow under. If she doesn't have anything, you should try that.

jester240

Arachnopeon
heat

Are you using a heat sourse, such as a light. The T might be tring to warm up. Or a heat pad set to high onder the substrate.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hate to be the one to ask this...

What kind of T are we talking about? You've given a common name that I've heard for at least two different Ts.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it's A. geniculata.. Not sure though I don't know a lot of common names.

But heat sources would not be advised unless your house gets below 60 degrees for long periods of time.
And I think 3" is safe enough to be kept fairly dry.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought we were talking about Nhandu coloratovillosus?

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And that is exactly my point. Different critters with different needs and I don't feel qualified to be helpful if we are talking about one, but I do if we are talking about the other.