Brazilian Rainbow Boa

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some pictures of my Juvenile Female BRB a few days after a shed.I was curious if any other members own any of these beautiful snakes.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have a subadult pair of the Brazilian rainbow boas. Our girl should be ready to breed this upcoming season so I'll hopefully have babies next Spring.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice and i wish you success with your breeding plans.I am planning on breeding mine when she is old enough and will look for a male some wheres in the next year.

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful John!
My LPS had a pair they were breeding, and selling the babies. Unfortunately, they sold them without telling me they were available. Always one of my favorites.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Brian.I happened to find this one when i was selling my Dumerils boa on Craigs list when a local breeder offered me a trade for my boa.Once i saw her i couldn`t resist the offer and am happy i did the trade and am looking forward to breeding her in the future.

Lawnmower599

Arachnosquire
great snake and great pics cant wait till i have the cash for a snake as wonderful as that :D

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
great snake and great pics cant wait till i have the cash for a snake as wonderful as that :D
Thanks.I wouldn`t have her at this time if it were not due to the trade.I will say that seeing one in person is what made me decide to get her as pictures do not do them justice.

Unravel

Arachnosquire
i reallyyy want one, but they're fairly snippy arent they. Not big on snakes but the rainbow boas are absolutely gorgeous

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i reallyyy want one, but they're fairly snippy arent they. Not big on snakes but the rainbow boas are absolutely gorgeous
They're not bad at all. Their care requirements aren't as relaxed as some of the others making many refer to them as intermediate level snakes, but with the proper housing they can be great pets. Of course neonates and juvenile snakes will be nippy, but I don't think they are any worse than would be expected from most snakes.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree.My snake has never been nippy or shown any king of aggression at all and has been held from the start which makes a big difference.From my experience most young snakes tend to bite more from feeding responses than aggression and this snake is mellow compared to some of my juvenile ball pythons.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i have a '10 pair (male/female) pair of BRB's i love them i've been handling them since i got them and have never gotten bit the biggest issue in colorado is humidity for them here but we've managed to make them a pretty decent setup so far. the brazilians are actually one of my favorite boas to own even if they are a little more difficult to care for their worth it

jt39565

Arachnoknight
@ Unravel - you may be confusing BRB with Columbian Rainbow Boas, those are quite snippy!
I used to breed BRB they are still my fav snake of all, nice one you got there. I would advise that they are more difficult to breed if you try to " power feed" them, just keep on a regular schedule and they will prosper.

Unravel

Arachnosquire
Maybe i am :) thank you guys, im fairly ignorant when it comes to snakes outside of owning a boa. Anyone knows a good place to get some of these? They're just, really gorgeous.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe i am :) thank you guys, im fairly ignorant when it comes to snakes outside of owning a boa. Anyone knows a good place to get some of these? They're just, really gorgeous.
You can check he classifieds at kingsnake.com or just google BRB for sale and it will come up with breeders.I believe the fauna classifieds have some breeders listed as well.

Alexandra V

Arachnosquire
Beautiful BRB ! I don't have any rainbow boas (YET!) but they're a big contender in my list of next snakes to get :p