brachypelma smithi trouble maulting!!! plz help me!!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
id put it in a dark room or a drawer RIGHT NOW and check on it again tomorrow nite or Friday.... the more you observe it and move it around the more stressed the t will b, causing further damage.... best case scenario your t gets some peace and quiet and molts, worst case is you end up with a smelly jar and a clogged up toilet. sorry if i seem harsh, but there's really nothing HELPFUL you can do at this point.

aStarsShadow

Arachnopeon
I'd think that moving the enclosure/jar anymore would just be detrimental if the T. is still alive at all. Putting it in a drawer seems even worse, as the vibrations from sliding it would be a jarring experience. From what I gather, vibrations - eg noise and movement - play a huge role with tarantulas, as far as their senses go. I'd have to agree with a couple of previous posters; Leave the T. where it is and turn off the lights and letting it get some peace and quiet. No sense in disturbing it, even though checking on it seems like the right thing to do as you need the reassurance but leaving it be would be best. Check on it in 24 hours without disturbing it and keep the room dark and silent until a) it springs to life, or b) starts to smell or grow mold.

Question for Grayzone. Why would they (OP) end up with a '...clogged up toilet'? That part has me puzzled, lol. And from what I've seen and experience, the most helpful thing we can do as tarantula owners is providing them with what they need and leaving them alone. Especially in these situations.

I'm sorry for your predicament with your beloved tarantula, xtashanx. I hope she pulls through! Keep us posted.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Why would they (OP) end up with a '...clogged up toilet'? .
I think he was referring to flushing the dead spider down the toilet, that how I took that comment. ;)

xtashanx

Arachnopeon
After leaving her b and in a dark room we saw no movement in her for 4 days. And she finally started to give of a smell so she is now buried in the garden. I am very sad for the loss of rosalie and do think that because of our set up in the terrarium it was our fault as some of u pointed out it just wasnt helpful or what I wante to hear at the time as all I wante was advice to help her in any way possible. Ty all for ur help and comments I am truely grateful. Xo

brotony101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
xtashanx, I hope you don't give up on keeping T's because of your experience. You've learned some valuable information from this and, despite the tragedy, you seem to really care about these creatures. A new year is on the horizon...I hope you'll take a fresh perspective and welcome a new T-keeper opportunity within it. I'm sorry for your loss. I wish you well.

xtashanx

Arachnopeon
Ty very much for ur kind words. N I rele do care for them. Im not like most keepers I don't take them out of their cages n handle them I believe they are display pets not handling pets I know alot of keepers will disagree with me but there my pets so my opinion. I do believe I made a huge mistake and I also believe I learnt a huge valuable lesson that I can now pass on to others. I still have a chilian rose, a bird eater and a femur beauty to take care of with my partner and after Rosalies death my partner got quite upset she being his first t and raising her from a spiderling. so I am getting him his dream t a GBB I know it won't replace her but I may cheer him up and keep him busy looking after another t that needs him.

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Ty very much for ur kind words. N I rele do care for them. Im not like most keepers I don't take them out of their cages n handle them I believe they are display pets not handling pets I know alot of keepers will disagree with me but there my pets so my opinion. I do believe I made a huge mistake and I also believe I learnt a huge valuable lesson that I can now pass on to others. I still have a chilian rose, a bird eater and a femur beauty to take care of with my partner and after Rosalies death my partner got quite upset she being his first t and raising her from a spiderling. so I am getting him his dream t a GBB I know it won't replace her but I may cheer him up and keep him busy looking after another t that needs him.
Well good luck with getting him a new T. Hopefully he'll like it as much as the smithi.