Brachypelma emilia

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I'd bet it's going to be female. Almost all B. emilia's are female, now if it was a male, that would be great luck. But congrats.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I'd bet it's going to be female. Almost all B. emilia's are female, now if it was a male, that would be great luck. But congrats.
If that's true I drew the short straw on behalf of everyone and ended up with a male. :rofl:

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
klaasi and auratum are the best
(and emilia)
We are kindred brachypelma aficionado spirits but I would go a bit further...
Best: klaasi and auratum (also my meanest, what is the meaning of that?)
Cutest: emilia

Is there any validity to the ratio? I've seen it mentioned here a few times but the answer was inconclusive as it would take rearing a whole sac and that hasn't been done.

I'm just curious because I've really been pumping my two boys up telling them what a great purpose they'll have some decade 🤣. Longest molt cycle in my entire collection including my albiceps and they are only 2". Congrats @BoyFromLA!!!!!

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
what does a mean Brachypelma do?
....longest molt cycle...

ask my Aphonopelma chalcodes...
i dont belief in her growth anymore...
she will always be sling :sad:

0viWan

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter +
ask my Aphonopelma chalcodes...
i dont belief in her growth anymore...
she will always be sling :sad:
Nice. How old is she? We can start a breeding project in like 20 years :rolleyes:

Brachypelmas ain't too bad in terms of molt cycles :p

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
she was half an inch dls when i got her.
that was half a year ago...
i dont think she has grown since then

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
They're the only ones to threat pose me for no good reason (or at all if you exclude rehousing phormictopus or psalmopoeus or old worlds of course, which you'd expect of all of them)
what does a mean Brachypelma do?
Screenshot_20231124-194346.png

My auratum. I watered the substrate along the wall and I don't think she appreciated the vibrations. I think. I just happened to look away for a second and when I looked at her again I had offended her?

My klaasi I got at an unspeakable place but they had her labeled as a curly hair (and much cheaper) one of the ten times I checked on her (I was waiting for her to molt, and the store was actually really responsive with my suggestion of pulling the 10 crickets out ASAP so she could get it done safely). The next time I checked on her she was mislabeled. I asked for "the cheapest one." And she pulled out the klaasi. I took advantage of the employee that was too afraid to move her, and to stop her from fetching anyone who might notice the mislabeling, I offered to package her myself. I used a debit card to nudge her onto my receiving hand and had planned to lift and place her right into the cardboard box for hamsters and such. Her enclosure was just large enough for both my hands (not big enough for the box). Well she did not like my left hand once I started lifting, as evidenced by the threat pose, and after about 5 minutes of a standoff I started to get tired and shaky and literally broke a sweat 😅😅😅. I'll never know how close I got to being bit because her back was to me 😂. Id love to tell you Id do it again in a heartbeat...but then I really got to meet her. When I disturb her she runs several laps along the walls of her enclosure, it sounds like a thunderstorm. I don't think she's ever forgiven me and she's molted twice so I don't think it's happening 🤣 I would never do that again.

After I bought her I went back to the store and told them their curly hair was mislabeled and no one would buy it at $150, they fixed it.

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
you are a superhero! what did you pay in the
end?
my klaasi also runs a bit when i open the enclosure.... i hope it gets better with future molts id say.she is a bit over two inches now.
Some things probably qre specific to the individual...
sometimes i have the urge.to get bitten,,,,
to get it over with and so i know how.it feels
after several kidney stones it can't be too bad
:D

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
you are a superhero! what did you pay in the
end?
my klaasi also runs a bit when i open the enclosure.... i hope it gets better with future molts id say.she is a bit over two inches now.
Some things probably qre specific to the individual...
sometimes i have the urge.to get bitten,,,,
to get it over with and so i know how.it feels
after several kidney stones it can't be too bad
:D
No, I am not hero. Unfortunately it just contributes to their sales algorithms and then they bring in more Ts. The only work around I've read is that after a certain amount of time the animal is considered expired for lack of better words and is discounted. And the longer they sit, the greater the discount. She would've been $150+ tax but I got her for $48 after rewards 🤣 I hope that was below cost.

All it does is create another vacancy in unliveable conditions. Support the creators, not corporate.

0viWan

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter +
My Klaasis right now seem to be mostly chill, a little bit skittish, no running circles or defensive behaviour but I had one of my A. Chalchodes slings (1/2'') flick hairs at me :lol:

Last edited:

DustyD

Arachnoknight
I could not help but notice a dearth of pictures from you Brachy lovers. Some of them are on my wish list and I am leaning toward Klaasi because they seem so, um, Claasi.
Prove me wrong.