Species Brachypelma boehmei

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They're doing great! Two are in heavy pre-molt. At least one will probably molt before the weekend is over.
If you weren't hooked before, you are now, since witnessing a molt! :) How big is Flick now?

Flick and jojo

Arachnopeon
not too sure, it still looks like a 1" maybe ... it's still walking around with its legs all crouched around it's body... but I'm a proud mama going around in the house making my husband crazy by signing to him pider man pider man... lol

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, they'll go through a couple days of post-molt 'calisthenics' till they get themselves situated in their new skin. It freaked me out when I came in not long ago to my recently molted G. rosea doing a serious pokie imitation. :eek: :laugh:

I'm a proud mama going around in the house making my husband crazy by signing to him pider man pider man... lol
:laugh:

Flick and jojo

Arachnopeon
haha! they are funny though... I can't wait t'ill it's full grown... little bugger still won't give me a clue to see if it's a boy or a girl, might still be too early

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
@Caseyface Just received my little sling today, much smaller than advertised but not complaining really as I've been after one for a while and didn't pay much. I'm still Happy :happy:.

Attachments

Last edited:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
@Caseyface Just received my little sling today, much smaller than advertised but not complaining really as I've been after one for a while and didn't pay much. I'm still Happy :happy:.
It's a beauty, got it's mirror patch already, either that or it's about to molt, cracking little boehmei, stunning colours as adults, you're gonna love this T.....

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
It's a beauty, got it's mirror patch already, either that or it's about to molt, cracking little boehmei, stunning colours as adults, you're gonna love this T.....
Hi @mconnachan you must know your stuff as the little beauty moulted yesterday, not much difference but a successful moult which makes me very happy..
Thanks.

Swoop

Arachnosquire
Can I ask where you got it? New to (or rather, getting re-acquainted with) the hobby, B boehmei is in my top 3 but I haven't found any slings for sale. Thanks :)

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
Can I ask where you got it? New to (or rather, getting re-acquainted with) the hobby, B boehmei is in my top 3 but I haven't found any slings for sale. Thanks :)
Hi
I got it from "The Spider Shop" online. I have a juvenile female as well....beautiful.
Good price and excellent customer service.
Met them recently at the "Western Invertebrate Exhibition" near Bristol. Highly recommended.
Regards
Jacko.

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
i just got a greenbottle blue(i dont know the scientific name) from the spider shop yesterday

markola727

Arachnopeon
Just did a time lapse of my brachypelma boehmei moulting. This my first time watching the full process of a moult, was truly amazing. I would say it took her 9 hours too fully finish the moult.