Brachypelma Boehmei sex?

Sasquatch

Arachnopeon
I was wondering if anyone might be able to sex my T. I dont know if the picture is clear enough or if its old enough to do so. Any input would be appreciated. Its a Brachypelma Boehmei. Probably around a year or so old, around the 2.5" mark. Also a side note it just molted a week ago.Ive been lurking on here for a year and this is my first post. uploadfromtaptalk1401492408674.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1401492421100.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1401492435585.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1401492453415.jpg

Sent from my N9810 using Tapatalk

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The pic isnt really close enough to tell. It could go either way w those pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

Arachnopeon
I appreciate the feed back. Some how i knew from reading previous posts id get a comment about where i posted. However my tapatalk would not bring up the section on T sexing as that is where my original post was meant to go.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
not sure if youv been bashed on this befor but id suggest more sub.. and i dont think rocks would be wise especially with low sub level.. one slip and pop.... but pics unclear

Sasquatch

Arachnopeon
I only have the pebbles on one end they surround the water dish "a bottle cap". The substrate is about 1-1/2" thick. My T has never been one to burrow. He has two hides in the cage. One being a decorative skull the other behind a log.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
yes the pebbles look nice but looks like hes a climber and the sub heights for safty of the Ts as well as diggers. but looks kinda moist to me mines on bone dry but hes like 1.25" and goes bananas if its wet even durring a molt.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I only have the pebbles on one end they surround the water dish "a bottle cap". The substrate is about 1-1/2" thick.
All is takes is one slip off the side at that end of the cage and you have a dead spider. Looks nice, but is way too risky. They aren't in a situation like that in the wild. And you do need deeper substrate, whether it digs or not. It doesn't make sense to lose a spider because you made the decorations the top priority in the cage.

matt69

Arachnopeon
It is nearly impossible to predict a sex of a spider that molted a week ago.

Sasquatch

Arachnopeon
There is no moisture in the substrate. I baked it in the oven to get rid of the moisture in it being theyre from dry scrubland.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wondering if anyone might be able to sex my T. I dont know if the picture is clear enough or if its old enough to do so. Any input would be appreciated. Its a Brachypelma Boehmei. Probably around a year or so old, around the 2.5" mark. Also a side note it just molted a week ago.Ive been lurking on here for a year and this is my first post. View attachment 127236 View attachment 127237 View attachment 127238 View attachment 127239

You do need a better ventral photo. Plus do listen to what other members are asking you to do with the substrate.

Also your spider is not a true B. boehmei it is a cross between the B. boehmei/baumgarteni. Yes it's true!

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 08:03 AM ----------

It is nearly impossible to predict a sex of a spider that molted a week ago.
Yes you can ventral sex a spider at 2.5".

Jose

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Of course you can but it must harden first.
The spider does not need to be harden. It can be sex right after he/she molts, as long as your spider is in the position to let you ventral sex. Like for instance climbing the glass tank or it is still on its back right after molting.

Jose

fnydm4

Arachnopeon
You should have taken a picture of the molt. Much easier to sex even at 2.5 inches.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Substrate issue has been addressed by the vets and I agree with them.

Sexing issue (whether or not it is 'impossible' to sex right after a molt) has been addressed by the vets and I agree with them.

Send me the molt if you still have it and I can sex it for you. If you're close enough, we can meet up and I can sex it right there.

Sasquatch

Arachnopeon
Xhexdx is see that you do live really close. Possibly in the future you might be able to assist me.

DVMT

Arachnosquire
Im curious to Jose's comment as well. How can you tell it is a hybrid?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2