brachypelma auratum flame knee

david30

Arachnopeon
i think the title name is correct but was wondering about this in terms of its speed is these relatively fast and would struggle at all i have read the care sheet but i read some where that they are fast.

can any1 shed some light as this spider is my nxt hobby and trying to get sum research done before i commit to buying her/him.

i am new and i currently own a G. rosea which i have had for a week now.

i think i am getting a serious case of spider fever lol

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i don't own a B auratum (although they're high on my list of next wanted T) i do however own B smithi B boehemei B albopilsum B vagans and from my experience brachypelma's are pretty slow movers my G rosea's move much faster than any of my brachypelma's but as i've said i don't have the experience with the exact species my two cents i'd say get the B auratum then again i'm biased cause i really want one myself

david30

Arachnopeon
to be honest i am looking at a few of the brachypelma species i love there colours they look ace

Lolita

Arachnoknight
which ones are you looking into? so far from the ones i own the smithi's are my favorites i'm eventually even going to try and breed them

david30

Arachnopeon
still learning a little so bear with me the Brachypelma smithi, Brachypelma albopilosum, Brachypelma emilia these 3 are the main 1's but i think i have a fever or summit because i am constantly looking at spiders and what species i want to get.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I own two Brachys...an emilia and a boehmei and of those two the emilia is way calmer. My boehmei flicks hairs every chance she gets, but the emilia is pretty laid back. Even lets me stroke her rump once in awhile with no flicking. My emilia is however not a big eater therefore not a fast grower. Not sure if that is a regular trait for the emilias or not. My friend has a smithi I bought him and she's pretty flicky too. Very skittish. Another REAL calm one for you to look into would be the grammastola pulchripes...also known as chaco golden knee. I have a female that NEVER flicks hairs and is as calm as they come. Cool thing is they reach up to 8" as adults. My girl Chiquita is almost 6". I've attached a pic of her for you.

Last edited:

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i love that picture of your chaco and i agree chacos are also awesome some smithi's are kicky others arent out of the 6 i have 1 is kicky the rest arent both my boehemeis are though

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
i love that picture of your chaco and i agree chacos are also awesome some smithi's are kicky others arent out of the 6 i have 1 is kicky the rest arent both my boehemeis are though
my B.vagans is very kicky. They have the most skittish/nervous temperament of the genus, IMHO.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
my B.vagans is very kicky. They have the most skittish/nervous temperament of the genus, IMHO.
really? mine have never kicked at me and i've had them since last november maybe it's cause mine are slings though but my two are really well tempered lol i guess i kinda find it surprising when i end up with less kicky versions of species that are supposed to be kicky or vice versa

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
Well my 2 cents...I agree with others here go ahead and get him/her...brachys are great I have the Fireleg and he/she is a kicker but nice coloring and temperament for the most part...I also a very tiny B. Smithi in a pill bottle...lol...we will see when he she gets bigger.

david30

Arachnopeon
Well my 2 cents...I agree with others here go ahead and get him/her...brachys are great I have the Fireleg and he/she is a kicker but nice coloring and temperament for the most part...I also a very tiny B. Smithi in a pill bottle...lol...we will see when he she gets bigger.
yep i think i am gonna go for it, give it a month or so just so i can do some reading and get his/her home all setup

punkrock868

Arachnopeon
I do have 1 auratum in my collection along with most of the popular Brachy species. From my experience they do seem to be pretty fast and high strung when comparder to some of the other species. Also mine is a pretty big hair kicker, but probably one of my most favorite of the the Brachys