Brachy albilosum sling chilling at the water dish?

Lumina

Arachnosquire
I've noticed lately that my Brachypelma albilosum sling has been hanging out near the water dish quite a lot. He/she molted about two weeks ago-has eaten regularly since then so I'm not concerned with dehydration and he/she is nice and plump. But it'll just hang out in and near the water dish most of the day.
I've never seen my sub-adult female B. abilisum hanging out at her water dish before though. Is this a normal thing for albilosum slings? :bored: 20181023_174722.jpg

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Albo likes moist sub, so if your enclosure is on the drier side you may want to pour in a little water. I can't really tell from the pictures.

Lumina

Arachnosquire
Albo likes moist sub, so if your enclosure is on the drier side you may want to pour in a little water. I can't really tell from the pictures.
It's somewhat moist. But maybe not as much as it should be. I'll add some more water to the substrate. Thanks!

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
Setup and the tarantula’s behavior is normal. I wouldn’t worry too much.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Brachypelma albilosum
B. abilisum
Brachypelma albopilosum. ;)

As stated, B. albo is one of the few Brachys that actually appreciate a little moisture in their substrate. If it's continuously hovering over the dish but not drinking, it may be wanting more moisture in its substrate. Really nothing to be overly concerned about, though. :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Its definitely looking dry in there. Your specimen appears to be a large sling or juvie at most, they need to be kept moist during this stage...larger individuals can handle dry conditions better.

Whats with the hide? I would change it with something better, and partially bury it...that way your specimen can burrow and expand if it wants to.

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
My adult b. Albo still appreciates moist substrate, when I had it drier she would wonder alot or sit on the waterside alot, added more substrate and moistened it more and now she spends her time digging or just hanging out in the burrow.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
it was thirsty.. when u go to water it, overflow it and get some of the dirt on that side wet and u can leave the other dry and see what it prefers.

Lumina

Arachnosquire
Setup and the tarantula’s behavior is normal. I wouldn’t worry too much.
Yea-still eating so I wasn't really worried that it may be a health concern. I just found it odd lol.

Lumina

Arachnosquire
Its definitely looking dry in there. Your specimen appears to be a large sling or juvie at most, they need to be kept moist during this stage...larger individuals can handle dry conditions better.

Whats with the hide? I would change it with something better, and partially bury it...that way your specimen can burrow and expand if it wants to.
It's a little cork plank.

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
It's a little cork plank.
Looks fine, reminds me of a lean-to and provides hiding places. Anyways i came home turned on the light in my room where my t's are caught my a. Avic faceplanted in its waterdish with the rest of its body vertical up the glass and legs going wherever. Tarantulas are funny sometimes.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
i dont own any of these cause I dont like new worlds, but I've seen a lot, supposedly they like to burrow, so maybe sub is dry, also, the rice crispy you put in there is right on top of the dish maybe the fellow just want to chill under there, but is blocked by hide
TL;DR: water dish blocking Ts space under rice crispy.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Looks fine, reminds me of a lean-to and provides hiding places. Anyways i came home turned on the light in my room where my t's are caught my a. Avic faceplanted in its waterdish with the rest of its body vertical up the glass and legs going wherever. Tarantulas are funny sometimes.
You mean like this?