Bought THIS!

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
While searching on Craigslist I found a fella that wanted to give his T.blondi a new home. So I called him up and asked him what he wanted for her. $100 for 9in T.blondi, and 30 gal set up with stand. Got her home and she is impressive. This my 1st one. None of my other T's are even full grown yet. They are working on it but they have a way to go. Thanks for looking.

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
Usually I find G.rosea on craigslist, one or 2 posts a month. I have never found anything more than that until now. I do love a great find. I was excited to find her.

foxtrot

Arachnopeon
It's not T.blondi, it's T.stirmi, isn't it? sorry if i'm wrong because T.blondi have hair in the patella and i didn't see any in your T.. :/

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
It's butt is looking a little lumpy. Have any better pictures? <---concerned about cysts.

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
T. stirmi? I was wondering if it was a true T.blondi. She may be a T.stirmi. If she does have cysts she doesn't seem concerned about them. She is active. Do cysts make them act different? She has a few bald spots but she doesn't look a crazy mess.

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
If you could just get some different angle/lighting shots of her abdomen. The ones you have up now looks a little off.

And cysts can be an issue for this genus. Sometimes they molt out, sometimes they die. But you might be required to adjust it's eating habits/schedule if it is in fact a cyst.

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
I think it might have been the angle. She molted yesterday and is very smooth no lumps or bumps. Thanks for the info. I did not know cysts were a problem with this genus.

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
Congrats on your new T. I'm in agreement with those who say T. Stirmi. If she was 9", she must be huge after the molt! Moar pics!

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you're referring to the bald spot in the first photo, it looks like its just a patch of missing hair. I've noticed that Theraphosa species brush off the hairs from the sides of their opisthosomas to cover their egg sacs rather than from the rear, as they do when disturbed. Perhaps she had made a sac sometime before this last molt.

Regards,
Ryan