Bothriurus coriaceus Gravid?

Denny1st

Arachnopeon
I assume she's gravid because I haven't fed her for six days. She looks fatter in person. I feed all scorps on Wednesdays. I never even sexed it but I'm thinking its a gravid adult female. What do you guys think? Any opinions? Should I post a clear underneath pic?

Walter1

Arachnosquire
Looks gravid to me. Comes from a seasonal environment. Gestation might be long. Maybe she mated before capture and in your care was healthy enough to develop young from the stored sperm.

Denny1st

Arachnopeon
Right. I've only had her a few months so you may be right. Or She might be having a molt too maybe. But I'm pretty sure she's an adult. Thanks for the reply :)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep her solitary with plenty of hides to hide under, and a warm and a cool end. Cool end with the waterdish and biweekly misting. I had one of these for years and she never popped, so good luck to you sir!

Denny1st

Arachnopeon
Keep her solitary with plenty of hides to hide under, and a warm and a cool end. Cool end with the waterdish and biweekly misting. I had one of these for years and she never popped, so good luck to you sir!
Ok thanks I will try that. Hope she pops. :)

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I'd say she's gravid also. I kept some B. Keyserlingi for awhile and none popped for me either but atleast 2 of my females were gravid. They are really cool scorps and I wish you the best on her having some babies. They definitely seem like a tougher genus to have babies in captivity

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I used a mix of 60/40 coco/sand with mine but I can't say that any of mine made a burrow They all just hid under the rocks + bark I had in their tanks. Also mine were B. Keyserlingi so the needs may differ with your species and also I don't consider my venture with them to be a success as mine never produced I got mine at a local reptile expo which the seller was horrible at caring for scorps ( he was selling and keeping hottentotta trilineatus and androctonus Australis in a giant tote all together !!!)
I just felt bad for them and decided to give them a try

Denny1st

Arachnopeon
Hey so I got some good news. So saturday night I changed her substrate to the 60/40 mix.. She didnt burrow. So I took my index finger and made a sorta diagonal burrow for her underneath a toilet paper tube and she accepted it and is in it now... So I guess that goes to show theyd rather find a burrow then make their own... :) Very interesting
EDIT but of course I packed it down well prior to making the burrow so it wouldnt collapse.

Last edited: