Bonding question

paul81

Arachnopeon
Hi I was wondering what products people use to bond acrylic or plexiglass to the tops of there normal fish tanks since it is plastic.
Thank you in advance.

paul81

Arachnopeon
Thank you and I would be bonding it to the plastic lip of the tank.

AReaHerps

Arachnopeon
I was wondering the same thing. I used some Superglue to bond a piece of metal to the inside lip of a 10G aquarium. I was going to let it cure for quite a few days. So in your opinion, you all think my irminia will be fine? There would not be any contact with it. My only concern was vapors but from everything I've read, all fumes dissipate after it is completely cured. Any wisdom is appreciated. Thanks

AReaHerps

Arachnopeon
I was reading up on a frog forum where people build living vivariums for dart frogs and others and they said that as long as you use as you mentioned 100% silicone sealant then everything should be fine. There are definitely differences in "aquarium" sealants but it all has to do with curing times and active curing ingredients. Also they said, ANYTHING which says kitchen and bathroom...STAY AWAY from it. It typically contains trace amounts of arsenic for the mold and mildew prevention. YIKES!