Bolus quesiton

Lice1721

Arachnopeon
Sorry if it's a dumb question.

I read that T keepers should remove any uneaten, leftover, bolus food remains from the enclosure, but the thing is I can't find any. I fed my T's many times and once maybe twice I found a 'leftover', so I'm assuming they always eat the full cricket/mealworm, am I correct?
The T in the pic for example ate about 10-15 crickets since I rehoused her into that enclosure and I can't see any leftovers, only that white spot which I'm assuming is poop.
Sorry for bad english.

Attachments

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
If you cannot find any then what can you do?
Don't stress about it just remove when you see them...

cold blood

Staff member
small prey equals tiny boli...a sling will be re housed well before its an issue....don't worry about it.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
They look like tan and black “cereal” clusters, they usually get substrate stuck to them.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Boluses are pretty small and Ts like to dump them in weird places which makes them harder to spot.

The bolus from 3 adult crickets is about 1cm in diameter.
The bolus from an appropriately sized feeder for a juvie will be under 2mm in diameter.
Good luck spotting the bolus left over from a sling feeder.

inkedtopaz

Arachnopeon
I just got a new T on the 9th and fed it for the first time the following Friday (15th) because it had a molted 3 days prior to me purchasing it. I sat in awe watching this little g. pulchripes eat the entire cricket and leave not a speck behind. So maybe your T is just eating every part of its prey?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry if it's a dumb question.

I read that T keepers should remove any uneaten, leftover, bolus food remains from the enclosure, but the thing is I can't find any. I fed my T's many times and once maybe twice I found a 'leftover', so I'm assuming they always eat the full cricket/mealworm, am I correct?
The T in the pic for example ate about 10-15 crickets since I rehoused her into that enclosure and I can't see any leftovers, only that white spot which I'm assuming is poop.
Sorry for bad english.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I sat in awe watching this little g. pulchripes eat the entire cricket and leave not a speck behind. So maybe your T is just eating every part of its prey?
That's physically impossible, they can't digest the exoskeleton so there will be leftovers dumped somewhere in the enclosure. Boluses left by slings will be extremely difficult to spot because they're tiny.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I don't think I've ever found a bolus in any T enclosure since I got into the hobby. I suppose my Ts leave little waste. Just my experience.