Blue arboreal

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm racking my brain trying to think of a type of arboreal that is not P metalica, but has a bluish/purplish color. Because I can't think of what it is, I don't have much other info (i.e. where it's from etc). Any ideas?
Sorry about the vagueness. lol

VinceG

Arachnobaron
You are probably thinking about Lampropelma Vialoceopes, it's an old world species from Singapour, it gets really big and has vibrant blue colors.

Last edited:

Rue

Arachnoknight
I agree with Vince...you might be thinking about L. violaceopes, the Singapore Blue...

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The problem with Avicularia versicolor is that they don't stay blue. It would be awesome if they did. But then again, it would also suck that they didn't change. What we really need is 2 spiders, one that stays blue like that as it grows up and one that changes colors like they do now :p

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Also could be an Avic sp, my avic avic is blue/purple/pink toes....but it could also be what other people are saying. the vagueness really doesnt help :D

RB40

Arachnopeon
Thrixopelma Ockerti

Try looking for pictures of Thrixopelma ockerti in the A-boards gallery. I have 2 females and they're beautiful with blue legs, green carapace with a pink abdomen!!
RB40

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You are probably thinking about Lampropelma Vialoceopes, it's an old world species from Singapour, it gets really big and has vibrant blue colors.
That's it! Thank you!
I remembered it had something that sounded like violet in the name (vialoceopes) but could not put my finger on it. I tried Googling "tarantula" and "violences", but the images of "violent tarantulas" was not what I had in mind. lol
Thanks again

http://sites.google.com/site/asianarboreals/lampropelmaviolaceopes Good info on the species if anyone's interest is peaked.

Gold Skulltula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought male Versis stayed blue.. or at least much more so than the females. Am I totally wrong? :eek:

All I know is that I have a nice blue spider which may end up looking a bit crazily colored as an adult, but hey, raising them is more than half the battle right?! ;)