Blondi vs Mouse

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
blondi 1 - mouse 0

Subject a (mouse)

Subject B Theraposa blondi

The end result of Subject A meeting Subject B

the mouse tried to bite the blondi, and at this point i do not know if there was any damage, The blondi did keep his legs out of the way quite sucessfully
however the blondi did not get a head shot and the mouses teeth were in close proximity to the blondi's legs. I plan to keep a watch on this just to be sure but it was neat to watch. I was somewhat excited to see this but after the fact i dont know if i will be doing this very often.
I HAVE A VIDEO OF THE ENTIRE THING IF ANYONE CAN HOST IT PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU. IT IS 13.8 MB AND JUST OVER A MINUTE LONG WITH SOUND. I THINK THE BEST WAY TO SEND WOULD BE OVER YAHOO INSTANT MESSENGER OR AIM MESSENGER PERHAPS. I WILL BE ON BOTH SO SEND ME A MSSAGE THERE IF YOU LIKE. YAHOO IS: THOR_WEILDER_OF_MIJOLLNER AND AIM SCREENNAME IS: PHEONIXX77
I guess he earned this...

Last edited:

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great shots! But then, I have a fondness in my heart for goliaths....
I LOVE that card...wish I had something like that in my wallet! {D

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
send me a pic of your blondi and i will make you one wayne..
do you know any way i could host the video? so you all can see it.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
send me a pic of your blondi and i will make you one wayne..
do you know any way i could host the video? so you all can see it.
Awesome! I'll email you a good frontal shot. Don't know on the video...sorry :confused:

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think a threat pose would be cool ..though i will have to crop the image to fit
so i will send you a copy of crop to see if you like it...

Pixie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I might be able to help you with the hosting of the video, I will confirm this by tomorrow late morning or early afternoon.

If I may make a ity bity suggestion, to avoid being worried about the mouse biting your gorgeous T and still offer it a nice big vertebrate meal. I suggest offering fuzzy or young hopper rats. They are quite awkward and rarely can put up a fight and injure your precious T. All my Ts eat rat pinks, fuzzies and small hoppers and they gobble them up quickly and especially, safely.

Just a though :)

Pixie

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeahi agree, however the blondi kept its legs out of the way rather professionally let me know on the vid...i would love to share this with all the ppl on here ...

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hope so! I have yet to see a video of a T.Blondi taking out a mouse. :D

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd be glad to host it. email me at sferrin_at_xmission.com or IM me with Messenger at sferrin_at_msn.com

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
FelixA9 said:
I'd be glad to host it. email me at sferrin_at_xmission.com or IM me with Messenger at sferrin_at_msn.com
Hey Scott! You are just a bundle of help! BTW....YOu did an awesome job on the photo! Mucho cudos to Scott!!! Im going to use the one with the dirt :)

Renee

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya its a sad shame but in the UK you are not allowed to feed natural prey items to theraphosids and if this were on a british forum the thread would be bashed big time !!!! british laws suck soon we wont be able to smoke in public or smack our own childern and they call the england a free country!!! :mad: :?

Pixie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:
Hiya its a sad shame but in the UK you are not allowed to feed natural prey items to theraphosids and if this were on a british forum the thread would be bashed big time !!!! british laws suck soon we wont be able to smoke in public or smack our own childern and they call the england a free country!!! :mad: :?
How is this law actually enforced? I would imagine that it's fairly easy to get around it. Just buy two "pet" mice or rats and breed them on your own at home. Is there a pet-police that comes to check out how you feed your invertebrates? What about feeding live insects such as crickets, is this allowed?

I just find it to be quite a strange law and one that is seemingly impossible to apply. What are the penalties if you do get caught?

A curious Pixie

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its all animal rights etc you can get round it as most of do ;P but if you get caught you could end up in prison of a very lage fine + all your spiders taken away!!!

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So in England, are you aloud to trap mice in your house? Do you have to use a humane trap and then find a new home for it?

Pixie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:
its all animal rights etc you can get round it as most of do ;P but if you get caught you could end up in prison of a very lage fine + all your spiders taken away!!!
I understand a fine and removal of the tarantulas but jail time?!!! This can't be real! Has there been cases of this actually happening or is it just theoritical? I would think that even a judge would laugh at the thought of sending someone to jail for feeding their tarantula a mouse.

Pixie

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Pixie said:
I understand a fine and removal of the tarantulas but jail time?!!! This can't be real! Has there been cases of this actually happening or is it just theoritical? I would think that even a judge would laugh at the thought of sending someone to jail for feeding their tarantula a mouse.

Pixie
It has happened to ppl with herps I can think of a chap who used a live zebra finch to feed a W/C ETB and got a fine after someone visiting him saw it in the snakes viv (i believe it could also be seen from a window when the RSPCA came too see), the law itself came about in part to help stop things such as bull bating and rat pits by closing loop holes (so you could not claim the dogs were eating live food animals) and therefore strengthen the anti fighting laws, and in part too stop any unnecessary suffering too both the prey item and the animal being fed, however you have too remember the law only applys to giving the prey item live and kicking NP to breed and pre kill your own rodents as food items.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:

smoking in public is allready shuned lol and smacking childred these days and you automaticy get done for child abuse. yes the uk does suk imo some of the kid these days need a good beating

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:

Why do you think we all came over here :) (Just kiddin')

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:
Funnly enough no you can use a regular mouse trap :?

So what if your trap is a shoe box with a one-way door on it and instead of a piece of wire to break the mouse's back and die a slow, painful death you have a eight-legged, fanged mechanism that gets it over quick. . . :?