Blondi sitting in the water dish.....

MVDaniel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone seen this before? I'm aware of where the booklungs are, and it looks to me like they may be at least partially submerged. The spider is responsive in the sense that it readily twitches when gently blown on, posture and everything seems fine, except for the fact that it's in the water... The dish is very shallow, and always fresh. Any insight to be had?

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine does this all the time. I wouldn't worry about it so long as the water dish isn't too wide or deep.

MVDaniel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the dish is only about 1/4 inch deep or so, and is just about as wide as the T's span.

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, don't alter anything too drastically, if my memory serves me right you have not long had your blondie and it may have been dehydrated before you got it. Keep the water dish topped up, and the the tank damp at one end by overflowing the water dish. The T then has the choice where she wants to be, and the damp ( not wet and soggy! ) end will provide some humidity. How high the humidity level will build up depends on how warm the tank is and how much ventillation it has.

MVDaniel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I really do a lot to make sure proper humidity and temp are maintained. I monitor it constantly. The tank is well ventilated and gets misted twice a day, water level is constantly maintained. You're right, I really haven't had it for long, so I'm still trying to get a handle on whether or not his behavior is healthy. I guess time will tell.

I am a very committed owner though, and take great care in trying to do everything properly.

MVDaniel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I woke this morning to find that the T had soiled the the dish, so I promptly changed it. That can't taste good.........

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
May he was looking for the toilet lol. It sounds like you are doing everything right for him. Every individual T acts slightly differently to the next even when they are the same species. My Blondie is holed up in her 'bunker' which is the bottom of a flower bucket turned upside down and a hole cut in the front. She's webbed herself in, she may be thinking of molting, then again, she is just as likely to stick out a few legs and gather dinner if it happens to walk past. I've had mine from a sling and 2yrs later she is 6".

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
blondi' love water, they like to go for swim's. give her a bigger water dish I give all my blondi's dog bowls in their tanks. This work very well for me never had any problems. But IMO blondi are far from the swamp monster most seem to think they are. My 2 cents
one of my big girls

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol, mine has a rabbit bowl. I expect she will need dog size when she molts next.