Blondi in trouble

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Wish_mastera said:
Stupid thing. From 1 month she just kills the crickets and nothing more. Just champs the food and then left on the ground. The crickets are deformed with rotted legs like form acid. Yestarday I gave her a newborn mouse. The same story. Just kill and left. I have to touch the dead mouse with pincers to move it and my blondi to catch her again. She hunts them, not just kill not to desturb her. She jumps from one corner of the tank to another to catch everything what moves. From about a month she is more active, even aggressive. As she felt any movement near her, she jumps and bites. That scare me. The abdomen is not small as before, but I dont think she will molt soon. It's ~80 days past from the bad molt.
I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems. Mine could kill things, but couldn't eat them. She would tear off the cricket's legs though. Then, they would eventually die. The same w/ the pinky. She would attack, kill, but not eat.

You may need to get another look at her fangs. You could very well have the same problem I have. And remember, if she can't pierce the food you give her, she probably can't pierce your skin. That was the only thing I had to go on, when I picked mine up to hand feed it. Which I still have to do.

She will jump from side to side of the cage, the way yours is probably doing. It is nerve racking, but that is something you will have to consider. Keep us posted, and if you need any more help, send me an email or PM.

Good luck!!

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some news from past weeks.... I think she is in premolt period. She doesn't touch any food more than two weeks. She's not already darken, but I think that will happen soon. I'll write again when she has molted, or when is something important to say. Will see if that food, who has eated is enough to make her trough the molt. Keep my fingers crossed :worship:

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Glad to hear she is still doing ok :) I hope she comes through her next molt
100%!

KarangaKan

Arachnopeon
i saw that once

An friend o' mine had the same problem. We think that was an humidit problem! His Grammostola pulchra lost her fangs! not just an part of it, she lost completely her fangs.
We raise up the temperature and humidity and in 40 days she molted again with perfect fangs. BLonds lives in rain florest, on my loved Floresta Amazonica, and its humidity its around 100%.... so, that could be your problem, and not excess of hunting damaging her fangs.

I hope your Blond be so lucky as my friend's G.p.

Goog luck

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's what I have found this morning... Is this kind of moss from the high humidity or its just urticating hairs scratched down for upcomming molt?

Attachments

Last edited:

NeilD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I get that stuff on the subs I remove it I think its a kind of mould, seems to be prevelant in the eating areas

KarangaKan

Arachnopeon
Fungo/fungus or mildew its cosed by low ventilation on tanq. Keep the humidity but increase ventilation.
But when this happens to me, i use to take an liquid aquarium ant-fungus diluted on water and aply on tarantula and all the tank.

It never cosed any warm to my Ts.

Take off the subs with them if you dont want to sterelyze all tank and aply this liquid.

good luck

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Or you could just remove it. Once in a while there will be patches. There's no need to get anti-fungals and the like. See mold. Remove mold. No more mold.

If your humidity is at 80 I suggest you drop it; 70% is okay but I wouldn't keep it above this. Then again, what to do I know, right?

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As I see carefuly the whole side of the abdomen is scratched and now I'm 90% sure all this are hairs. Just for sure I removed them and will wait the abdomen to become darken. Now its easier to see...

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi again. Today my poor blondi has molted. There was no "bed" at all just those hairs. I'm at work now and could't see after the molt for possible problems. She looks fine for now. After work I'll verify her. As you can see the fangs are small but compleate. After 4 months and 12 days she finally made it:) In 10-15 days I'll move her in bigger tank and I'll hope that never happen again. Thank you all for the good advice and all your opinion. :worship:

Attachments

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on getting her through it. How big is she now? Im really glad it all worked out for you.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yep a minor miracle. Good to see a heathy Blondi, it seems to happen more
commonly with the larger ones. Mine is about 7 inches and is in pre molt.
After it's last molt mine wasn't ready to eat for almost 2 weeks.

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oooh another problem:( I've thinking all bad is past. On the picture you can see the wound I think from scratching. On the right is the picture of the skin. There is a transperant spot from scratching. As I have sayed before from the urticating hairs on the bottom of the substrate. It looks bad. I cannot see any leak but she is not in good position to observe her in detail. I have no luck with this blondi:evil:

Attachments

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Ewww... man... My advice, cover the tank with red translucent plastic without disturbing the airflow and move carefully around the tank. Don't throw too many feeders in at one time and then let the T take it easy until yet another moult. Hopfully this helps! Real sorry that she isn't in the clear!

NeilD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When did she moult ?, I believe my Blondi is about the same size and until 4 weeks after moult she was still very dark certainly not that brown colour that your is, Do you know how old she is ?

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
NeilD on the small picture is the old skin. She take off it untorn. Thats why it looks like real abdomen. On this picure she is 2 hours after the molt. Normal color is dark brown. After each molt she was almost black, now looks grey. The old skin is 6.5'. I've bought her on 20 may 2005 maybe on 2-3 skin. Now, when she is liitle bit dry, the wound looks better. I think its just scratch, not something real serious. But she continues to scratch herself and that worry me. Maybe I'll not give her lots of food, because of risk to open the wound. This blondi and I have no luck at all:(

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yah dont throw a bunch of crickets in there as that may cause her to flick off more hair and further damage her abdomen. I'd recomend offering her a cricket/roach every-other day untill she regains strength. Best of luck :eek:

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Wish_mastera said:
Hi again. Today my poor blondi has molted. There was no "bed" at all just those hairs. I'm at work now and could't see after the molt for possible problems. She looks fine for now. After work I'll verify her. As you can see the fangs are small but compleate. After 4 months and 12 days she finally made it:) In 10-15 days I'll move her in bigger tank and I'll hope that never happen again. Thank you all for the good advice and all your opinion. :worship:
:clap: That is great! I am glad to see she has molted! I say let her be for a while. Most of my large T's don't or won't attempt to eat for at least 4-6 weeks after a molt. I had a large blondi die last Valentine's Day (2005) :(
And someone suggested that I could have possibly "loved her to death". Among other things. They are hard to stay away from, but just let her get accustomed to this new skin.

Again, congrats :)

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
After looking at that pic, it looks like she started kicking hairs before she fully hardened up. I wouldn't put any crickets in there for a while. Let her relax, and be in the quietest environmet possible to ease her nerves. It looks like it could heal nicely. It just needs time, and it won't happen over night.

You don't want a leak in that area. For now, treat her like a tropical fish. Look rarely, and do NOT disturb if possible.

Keep us informed....