Black Hawk's Pictures

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
indeed they do. i had only seen them in illustrations before now. Thanx!

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
CID143ti said:
Hey Black Hawk,

I agree, it does look like a Bothriuridae. Do you have any information on where it was collected? I received some scorpions that look very similar to yours that were labeled as "shiny brown scorpions." I believe the scorpions that I received were said to have been from Africa.

W. Smith
the pet store knew nothing of this scorp to help me identify it other that the totally bogus common name their supplier had given them :wall:

RobertoMello

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bothriurus araguaye

in my opinion its a Bothriurus araguaye, they are very commom on the south of brazil, on the wild they are burrower scorps but i had many in a big terrarium with earth but they prefer to stay under rocks and objects inside the terrarium! every bothriurus i had was so fat as yours BLack howk hehehheeh they eat very much! ill try to post some photos soon!

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you could be right :) i searched it but i couldn't find any photos, it'd be interesting to see yours :)

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I don´t htink you can determine this one down to species level by pics. If the movable finger of the chelae has a subdistal tooth it may be a Bothriurus sp.

Regards
Alex

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
their claws are small so i'm not sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me :rolleyes: but i'm pretty sure i can see them if i squint :)

Zizkamaus

Arachnopeon
Dang thats a fattie. Looked just like mine before she squirted out a butt load of babies....