Black.. Dot? Observed on AGB’s leg. Cause for concern?

ReleasetheHag

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

I was checking up on my female A. gigas tonight as she was out and about, and noticed this black spot on one leg of her (approximately) 9th pair of legs. I’ve never seen her with a spot like this and there doesn’t seem to be anywhere else affected. It seems like a mass and not necessarily just her leg, and again, I haven’t seen this until today and she’s out pretty frequently.

I took her out of her enclosure to get some pictures, which I included below.

I’m just unsure whether it’s a mite, her leg is just colored like that, or something more serious like foot rot or fungus. Any knowledge appreciated.

Currently, she’s in a 10gal glass terrarium with a mixture of flake soil, oak leaves, decaying hardwood, and a tiny bit of peat for humidity. She gets fed the occasional bee pollen, carrot and cremini mushroom (all local organic). I do run a heat source on a thermostat as I’m in a pretty cold climate, but it’s checked regularly as well as the substrate moisture in the bottom layer. I do let the top dry out slightly.

Thanks in advance!

Here’s a video of her walking, if you prefer that. Sorry for the shaky quality, was hard to get the spot exactly with her going up my arm, lol.

Attachments

lemon37

Arachnopeon
It looks a mite or a piece of substrate. Probably not anything to worry about.