two pics of births :)
Greetings,
Eric

Last edited:

James M.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Eric,
your pictures are always awsome. The strange thing is you always seam to post pics of scorps I am thinking of getting(the P. trans.). Have you had good luck raising the yungones? I would also like to know if it is ok if I use some of your pics. for a colage my girlfriend is making for our room? :D
Thanks,
James M.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the births Eric. Very cool species to get babies from also. I'm jealous... although I don't realy find a need to get myself any Parabuthus... Well not for a long time anyway. ;)

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice pics Eric and love the gold sheen of that P.mossambicensis! Congrats btw!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Eric,
You always have great pictures. Keep 'em coming ;)

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
James M. said:
Eric,
your pictures are always awsome. The strange thing is you always seam to post pics of scorps I am thinking of getting(the P. trans.). Have you had good luck raising the yungones? I would also like to know if it is ok if I use some of your pics. for a colage my girlfriend is making for our room? :D
Thanks,
James M.
Hi James,
Yes, young P.transvaalicus are the most robust young I never seen !
Lol, no problem for the pics ;)
Greetings,
Eric

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks guys :)
Contrary to P.transvaalicus, babies P.mossambicensis is very hard to keep, hope a lot of them will survive :rolleyes:
Greetings,
Eric

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah superb pictures. you are a great contributer to this site!!

Oh by the way. I know i always ask questions concerning venom. (it fascinates me) but wich one has a stronger venom P. mossambicensis or transvaalicus. I have never seen comparison about that in this genus. I love parabuthus species, they are my favourite. I know p. Granulatus is the most venemous. I am wondering how these 2 are ranked :confused:

Last edited:

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you have pics of the enclosures Eric?

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
errit said:
Yeah superb pictures. you are a great contributer to this site!!

Oh by the way. I know i always ask questions concerning venom. (it fascinates me) but wich one has a stronger venom P. mossambicensis or transvaalicus. I have never seen comparison about that in this genus. I love parabuthus species, they are my favourite. I know p. Granulatus is the most venemous. I am wondering how these 2 are ranked :confused:
Hello,
I never seen comparaisons of Parabuthus spp also , I'd say perhaps that P.transvaalicus is more dangerous than P.moss., because it's larger, but it's not a very scientific supposition :)
Greetings,
Eric
(PS. Thanks but you make me blush :8o I don't write a lot on this site, my english is not sufficently good)

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alex said:
Do you have pics of the enclosures Eric?
Hi Alex,
yes I have it but enclosures are not very beautiful :rolleyes:
Greetings,
Eric

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ythier said:
Hello,
I never seen comparaisons of Parabuthus spp also , I'd say perhaps that P.transvaalicus is more dangerous than P.moss., because it's larger, but it's not a very scientific supposition :)
Greetings,
Eric
(PS. Thanks but you make me blush :8o I don't write a lot on this site, my english is not sufficently good)
yes it is very hard to get info on that. but i was thinking the same thing.
Well i can understand your english. Mine isn't always perfect either.

Well you do bring nice pictures here. as well as on your site.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ythier said:
Hello,
Greetings,
Eric
Eric,
Your English is quite good. I have no trouble understanding it at all. It is good of you to share your scorp knowledge with the rest of us. ;)

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The size of the entire scorpion doesn't matter. I would rather look at the vesicle.

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ythier said:
Hello,
I never seen comparaisons of Parabuthus spp also , ...
Hi,

on the scorpionfans mailinglist Jan Ove Rein posted recently the citation of a revision of the genus. It is

Lorenzo Prendini (2004):
The systematics of southern African Parabuthus Pocock (Scorpiones,
Buthidae): revisions to the taxonomy and key to the species.
Journal of Arachnology, 32(1):109-187

I haven´t read this paper yet as I just ordered it and it usually takes some time but Jan Ove wrote that it contains a key for the 20 valid South-African Parabuthus spp.

More on topic, I have had some births as well :). First one is Euscorpius tergestinus (Nizza) and the second one Hottentotta trilineatus.

Greetings
Alex

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Alex, great pictures of H.trilineatA en E.tergestinus niciensis !! (...I'm paid by Kovarik, and Fet is bad payer ;) ;) )
Greetings,
Eric

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Beautiful photos, I wish I had some birth photos to post, maybe after I get P. transvaalicus.