Biggest Enclosure?

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was just wondering whats the biggest enclosure you use for your T? I have 2 of my T's in a 5.5 gallon aquarium and one who's a P.Cancerides and about 6-7" inch in a 10. They seem quite at home, what do you use?:) :rolleyes: :p

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my 5" blondi was in a 10 gallon but during some work in my room a cracked the bottom and bought a new tank and bought a 20 gallon so I wouldnt have to rehouse her for a LONG time if ever. Other than that they are all in 5 gallons or KK.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My adult rosie is in a 10 gallon, my other 3 Ts are still slings but they will go into 10 gallon when they are adult sized.

tima

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I concur...

I keep my adult rosie and 4" Chaco in 10 gal tanks; also have a 20 gal, divided in half, where I keep my 2 3.5" Avic avics -- although I sometimes have to poke crickets towards them in a tank this large.
Tim

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No joke......

I have a 6' E.campestratus in a 48 gallon tank!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'm crazy but she was my first and I felt bad for the thing being in a little container. So I wanted it to be in a big, "natural" setting. I still to this day hae problems about putting them in little containers. 4 of my 9 are in a 5 gallon, 10 gallon, 20 gallon and a 48 gallon. I'm learning.......... slowly

I will be putting my L.parahybana in the 48 gallon after next molt. She'll look great in it too.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
What you have prometheusmum is fine most of my ts are or will go into 5.5 gallon tanks with the really large ones l.parahybana, a.genic, t.blonde et c. going into 10 or 20 gallon tanks depending on final size.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Matty J, Does your girl use the space and wander around? I love the idea of big habitats, but so many here disagree. I'm curious what your experience has been.

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep my big female Lasiodora parahybana in a 34 gallon enclosure. One of my friends keep his Lasiodora parahybana in a 66 gallon enclosure, but that's also a HUGE female! But the nice part of it, is that you have a lot of room for plants and other nice stuff and you can in fact make a small micro environment with Porcellio scaber and other useful creepers, to clean the cage. They eat all leftovers from your spider and in that way all you need to do is pour some water in the substrate now and then + feed your spider.

Very cool stuff. :)

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Steffen said:
But the nice part of it, is that you have a lot of room for plants and other nice stuff and you can in fact make a small micro environment with Porcellio scaber and other useful creepers,
Never heard of them? What are they?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steffen said:
I keep my big female Lasiodora parahybana in a 34 gallon enclosure. One of my friends keep his Lasiodora parahybana in a 66 gallon enclosure, but that's also a HUGE female! But the nice part of it, is that you have a lot of room for plants and other nice stuff and you can in fact make a small micro environment with Porcellio scaber and other useful creepers, to clean the cage. They eat all leftovers from your spider and in that way all you need to do is pour some water in the substrate now and then + feed your spider.

Very cool stuff. :)

Could you get pictures of this enclosure ?? sounds kinda cool....

Regards, Mike

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah she love the open space. At night she usually does laps of the place. She also lays these long strands of silk, runners I call them back and forth throughout the inclosure. On the ground and some are right off the ground. Its' pretty cool.

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a 6" female Lasiodora parahybana in a 10 gal tank. She goes from her hide to the water dish, and then back again. She really does not need much room.

I have two other 10's, two 5.5's, one 2.5, and several different plastic containers.

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
Could you get pictures of this enclosure ?? sounds kinda cool....

Regards, Mike
With flash.

Without flash. Sorry for the bad picture, but it's a crappy camera. The pictures get blurry without strong lights. But it does give a good clue, how cozy it can get with big leafs to cover light to the buttom and at the same time resembles a natural rainforest environment, where most light is shielded by the crown leafs of the trees and other large plants.

Dead leafs and other dead organic plant material gets to stay in the enclosure for consumption of the tiny critters. Minimum maintenance. It's not up and running completely yet and i can't really get more bugs before spring comes in a few months so I can get a culture running yet, but i'm sure it will work great. A friend of mine experiments alot with these microenvironments and i got alot of tips from him aswell.