Best US invertebrate vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvertebrateGuild

Arachnopeon
Hey all.

I'm always looking for new sites to browse that sell live invertebrates, and was hoping you guys might know of some that I don't. Thanks for any info you might have!

I typically buy from Peter from BugsInCyberspace, but I also know of MantidKingdom, and have seen a couple of inverts on larger reptile sites.

Thank you!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey all.

I'm always looking for new sites to browse that sell live invertebrates, and was hoping you guys might know of some that I don't. Thanks for any info you might have!

I typically buy from Peter from BugsInCyberspace, but I also know of MantidKingdom, and have seen a couple of inverts on larger reptile sites.

Thank you!

My backyard!

Reptile vendors typically don’t have a good rep for invert sales. Even recently some people ordered inverts and it didn’t go well.

Any herp dealer I’ve seen at a show, the inverts weren’t in great shape

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Agree with viper, collect where you are! That's how I got started when I was a kid. There is more out there than you realize.

NEVER buy from a dealer with "reptile" in the name.

GemTheBirder

Arachnopeon
Hey all.

Thank you!
I agree with everything mentioned above and would add that the "For Sale" section of this website is great. Besides a few things from Bugs In Cyberspace and Captive Isopoda, every invert I've purchased has been through the Arachnoboard classifieds.

Daniel S

Arachnopeon
I second collecting! If you’re looking for species from a particular area, finding a user on here that lives there and will go out to collect for you is also a viable option! That’s what I’m doing this weekend for a guy looking for some native millipede species that aren’t really offered in the hobby.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I second collecting! If you’re looking for species from a particular area, finding a user on here that lives there and will go out to collect for you is also a viable option! That’s what I’m doing this weekend for a guy looking for some native millipede species that aren’t really offered in the hobby.
What kind of millies?

Daniel S

Arachnopeon
Apheloria polychroma is my main focus, as the individual is less interested in the Narceus genus due to wide availability in the hobby.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey all.

Thank you!
The best bet is for you to go through both the For Sale/Trade/Want to Buy forum and our Reviews section. If users would like to show support of a specific seller, the correct way to do so, on this site, is for them to leave a review after they have completed a transaction.

Regards,
MrD

Status
Not open for further replies.