Best kind of Scorp?

Do you Like the Flat Rock Scorpion?

• Total voters

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Androctonus mauretanicus are my favorite. I think the poll choices should be expanded.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm a little confused because the poll specifically asked about one type of scorpion, not really asking my favourite. But, I'll share my opinions anyway. I don't really care for the flat rock, as it has a fat body and scrawny tail...I just don't like the shape of it. To me, it looks proportionally incorrect. I'm not really a scorp person, but I like the looks of fat tails. My favourite scorpion has got to be the Hadrurus arizonensis or Arizona Hairy scorpion. Proportionally all around I really like it...and the yellow coloration it holds is pretty interesting as most everybody owns a Pandinus imperator or Emperor scorpion...so, it's a little different, and not being a big scorp guy, isn't a huge differentiation (to me) from others that are potentially dangerous due to their venom toxicity. So, though I like fat tails, the Yellow Fat Tail or Androctonus australis is a little too venomous for my tastes. :)

mkieff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My favorite has to be the Babycurus jacksoni. I really like its colors.

But the emp is a close second.

JesseD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Babycurus jacksoni for the colour of course and it's hardiness.

rasputin

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
this is a tough one for me to answer. I would have to agree with several other and say H. arizonensis because of how much peace I found a few years back just observing the activities of the sole scorp my ex allowed me to have. but I really want to get my hands on I. maculatus and S. donensis - I'm sure one of them will have my heart over the army currently in my possession.

Mr. Quick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I probably couldn't choose just one single favorite scorp.

Some of my favorites though:

Israeli Gold Scorpion (Scorpio Maurus Palmatus)
Pandinus Imerator (Emperor Scorpion)
Pandinus fulvipes
All of the Heterometrus species
Hadrurus Arizonensis

I could list plenty more though...

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Action-transvaalicus
Sentimental-Centruroides Suffusus,C.Noxius,C.Limpidus
Anatomy-Any fat tail
Colors- None yet, maybe Spadix with the black and yellow, or any translucent or pale type of scorpion is pretty cool.
That I own-a.Amourexi

And about the flatrocks, I don't mind them they're cool to me. Flat and long may be weird but it's synonym is unique which is a good thing.

scorpman16

Arachnopeon
Is the Flat rock scorp good for first timer? I'm torn between the Emp and the Flat Rock:wall:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, they are excellent, but they hide a lot more than emps do (I find flat rocks tend to hide a lot, while emps are primarily out in the open). My personal opinion would go for the emp. The jet black look and proportionate body and tail appeal to me over the flat rock's scrawny tail. However, it is up to you on what to get. These are just my opinions.

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Apparently my emp missed the memo about being out in the open a lot. Last time I saw more than the tips of her claws was about a month ago.

My favorite goes to B. Jacksoni. Cool coloring and very active. I also really like the look of Androctonus sp. but I don't own one.....yet.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Weirdest poll ever...but okay. My top 5 favorites scorps in no specific order are C. suffusus, H. arizonensis, A. bicolor, L. quint., and eh ....R. junceus. For right now. I tend to change around from year to year. Flat rocks are pretty cool looking but the most BORING!!! scorp I've ever owned. I do want to get another one.
-Eddy

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like flat rock scorpions, but I like being able to keep colony groups. Centroides (probably didn't spell that right) sp. are great for that.

The only flat rock scorpions I usually see are the few babies I have, which are individually deli cupped and don't have as much cover space as their mother.

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hottentotta franzwerneri gentili

hfg's are easily my faves,with judaicas following right after love the long claws the ease of keeping adults together and just the shear ferocity,they are so aggro
andy

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I myself only own an Emp, but i love scorpions with an even distribution of body shape, big claws and nice size tail :) i love the big bulgy tank like scorpions so my favourites would have to be members of the Pandinus family, especially the Pandinus cf militus, looking on the scorpion fauna the colour is beautiful, same with the viatoris. The O. wahlbergii is also a very nice scorpion and the heterometrus spinifer. So the scorps with the big claws and nice sized tails are my favourites :)

CharlaineC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
beleave it or not i love mt p emps their so avtive and crazy i theink ther great. but i love all scorps.