Bess Beetle and Brown Hooded Cockroach care

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
Well if you live somewhere with really cold winters, you are unlikely to see adults until spring and summer, as they overwinter as nymphs. Some northern Parcoblatta populations even need a diapause to develop properly, so you may want to stick them in your garage for the winter.

They are pretty easy to keep, I have several species in my collection, and no they aren't pests. Just keep them moist, with plenty of hides, (dead leaves, bark, eggcartons, etc.). Despite their common name, "Wood Roaches", they don't actually eat much rotten wood, and it is completely unnecessary in their diet. Feed them dog food, fruits and veggies, and they'll do great! And like I said, for some northern Parcoblatta populations, a diapause is needed for proper growth, so if they all reach the subadult stage and refuse to grow any more, that's a sign they need a cool period.

Adult females of most Parcoblatta species have short or vestigial wings BTW, so it's possible you've seen adults before and just never noticed. Adult males have longs wings and are attracted to lights.
I have tried to feed them on multiple occasions but I never see them eating. The only time I saw them eat was when I first caught some I had them in a deli cup until I could get them to my house and I put a carrot in and they seemed to enjoy it. Ever since then I haven't noticed them eat anything. Most of them stay hidden in the wood but there is one that stays out most of them time and sometimes there will be a small nymph or two out.