Bermuda Centipede

Bermuda Royalty

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone. I am new here. I am from Bermuda. We don't have centipedes as pets but we deal with them on a daily basis due to them getting in our homes, cars, air conditioning, beds, etc. They can be a bit of a nuisance. They are aggressive and often we are stung and have to go to emergency. Recently I've noticed far too many around the house. But I just let them be and if in the house I trap them and throw them out. Today while clearing the yard I found some centipede eggs, how do I care for them? Whilst I don't like the lil buggers, I don't want them to die before they've had a chance..we have a hurricane coming so they wouldn't have survived it. Please help!!! Oh and I also found a baby...Is there an ideal spot to put them to be safe or ride the storm out and then find a safe place?
View attachment 20230830_144706.mp4

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
First of all, bless your heart! You are very kind to consider the centipedes with the storm coming around!
Centipede eggs take quite some time to hatch and the critters themselves are hardy. I keep them myself a companions and have reared their eggs and young in a cup of moist (but not damp) soil kept in a cool, dark place. You may do the same and wait the storm out. Centipedes are fine if they don't eat for a couple of days to up to a few weeks, and I'm certain the baby may even find something to munch in the soil, if it's from outside. After the storm has passed, you may then place the opened container in your garden or other secluded green place for the little ones to hatch and depart. You can check on the container once in a while to confirm the babies have left and then toss the empty cup when they're gone!

Feel free to ask more questions if you have!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hello Everyone. I am new here. I am from Bermuda. We don't have centipedes as pets but we deal with them on a daily basis due to them getting in our homes, cars, air conditioning, beds, etc. They can be a bit of a nuisance. They are aggressive and often we are stung and have to go to emergency. Recently I've noticed far too many around the house. But I just let them be and if in the house I trap them and throw them out. Today while clearing the yard I found some centipede eggs, how do I care for them? Whilst I don't like the lil buggers, I don't want them to die before they've had a chance..we have a hurricane coming so they wouldn't have survived it. Please help!!! Oh and I also found a baby...Is there an ideal spot to put them to be safe or ride the storm out and then find a safe place?
View attachment 454209
I wish I could catch giant pedes here .it’s too cold 🥶 . just don’t allow them to dry out and feed once a week .