Been told to get a new spider for Christmas *squeeeee*

vickywild

Arachnoknight
My boyfriend is getting me a spider for Christmas. I already have a Salmon Pink Birdeater sling, a B.Smithi adult, and a G.Rosea juvinile. He doesn't like the idea of a spider traveling in a box (i know and you know that its fine for them but he feels "sorry" for them) haha so I've to get it from one of the pet stores near here. The store I got my Smithi and LP from has quite a few T's in just now but I dunno if any of them would be any use :)? I'd like something quite active. I'm quite confident with them so defensiveness isn't really an issue and neither is size. Atm I'm kinda swaying towards the GBB. I am not 100% I'll definately get from this shop btw, there are a few more closer shops that don't have lists up online. Would jjust be nice if folk could post pics/give experiences of any from this list :)!

Arachnids

Brachypelma angustum
Brachypelma emelia
Chile Rose Tarantula
Pink Toe Tarantula
Aphonopelma sp (new river)
Green bottle Blue
Gramostola Aureostriata

vickywild

Arachnoknight
How much care do they need? Looks like a pretty simple set up. What about misting? (Care sheets are very contradicting..I'd rather ask actual owners, before anyone sends me away on a Google hunt :p)

---------- Post added 12-25-2011 at 05:30 PM ----------

Just sent an enquiry about this, as well. Its been up 2 months but I can hope xD.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/cobalt-blue-terantula/90300012

vickywild

Arachnoknight
^I know. I just directly copied and pasted from the website :)! Was moaning about that yesterday actualy lol. But tbh I'm not really wanted a Gramastola or a brachy.

Hatr3d

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As slings keep 1 third of the substrate humid and mist once a week. As juvies/adults keep the substrate dry with a water dish, you may just let some water overflow from it once in a couple of weeks, or if the spider is gonna cover it with silk (highly probable) pour some drops of water on the web near the spider's retreat, it's gonna drink it directly from there very likely.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I love B. emelia.. they're my favorite brachy, (outside of albo, but thats just out of nostalgia for being my first tarantula..lol)

-Sean