Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 19 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
in most cases I would have said the Pokie but I must say I am very impressed with Lampropelma violaceopedes (singapore blue) now so it will have my vote at this point.
Rev
Singapore blues are OK looking if you go for that drop dead gorgeous blue color they have. ;)

They should have been included in this poll, I missed another worthy species.

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think C. fasciatum is an underrated tarantula. I really like its colors. Even better I'm expecting to arrive at my house very soon!

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think C. fasciatum is an underrated tarantula. I really like its colors. Even better I'm expecting to arrive at my house very soon!
I agree they are underrated. They have what a P. metallica has, which most species lack, beautiful pattern and color.

The only thing they lack is size, and let's be honest, size does matter.

I have an almost 4" female and she is a great feeder and a great display T, you won't be disappointed! :D

Last edited:

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. Metallica because they r on the top of my wish list
GForce14063,

It was great to hear from you, you should post more often. You are not typical. And of course your vote illustrates you are smarter than at least 70%of the typical people that do post on arachnoboards. In fact you sir might be a genius.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I could have any T based on looks alone, disregarding attitude, care, etc., my choice would be H. maculata. It may not be colorful, but the pattern of white and grey is simply beautiful IMO. Plus it has the prettiest eyes!

My second pick would be M. balfouri.

Demon187

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
b. smithi
P. metallica
E. pulcherrimaklaasi
C. cyaneopubescens
H. maculata

i could go on and on and on and on...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and on and on and on and on and on.

the list is endless. I cant choose

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I could have any T based on looks alone, disregarding attitude, care, etc., my choice would be H. maculata. It may not be colorful, but the pattern of white and grey is simply beautiful IMO. Plus it has the prettiest eyes!

My second pick would be M. balfouri.
I agree with you. A tarantula's beauty lies in its pattern and color. GBB has the color, the ornamental baboon has the pattern, and metallica has that rare combination...pattern and color. ;)

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with you that there are some very pretty rosies out there, which I think was your point. But let's be honest, the prettiest rosie in the world isn't going to compare to Poecilotheria metallica. I saw a rosie mom take a picture out to show off what her kids look like, and I heard her say "arent my RCF kids beautiful? But dang, I wish they were metallica blue". True Story! :liar:
A slightly altered version of your past perhaps? :)

I still think Pokies are over rated. In a few years the craze will die down, just like it did with Balfouri's.

Beautiful spider, yes. So are many others.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Has anyone mentioned Avicularia fasciculata, the Amazon Sapphire pinktoe I believe? It has virtually every color in the rainbow, and a leg pattern atypical of avic species. A versi got my vote for now, but A fasc. probably would've if I actually owned one.

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My vote was for C cyaneopubescens because it has at least 3 distinct and drop dead beautiful looks to it as it grows. I wish that I had 3 spiders that each kept the looks of one of it's life stages

tinacouch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with hairmetalspider, pokies are over-rated. My vote goes to the stunning B.emelia. My second choice would be G.pulchra.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with hairmetalspider, pokies are over-rated. My vote goes to the stunning B.emelia. My second choice would be G.pulchra.
While some pokies might be over-rated, I don't see that for P. metallica. P.metallica might be over-priced at times, but in terms of pattern and color nothing really comes close.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Versicolor how can you beat that.
I'm a huge versicolor fan, I breed them. If the adults stayed black & blue like the slings you couldn't beat versicolor.

So how do you beat versicolor? Poecilotheria metallica.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My vote was for C cyaneopubescens because it has at least 3 distinct and drop dead beautiful looks to it as it grows. I wish that I had 3 spiders that each kept the looks of one of it's life stages
GBBs have the color, they just don't have the pattern to compete with P. metallica.

Hypothetical: If you were in a million dollar prize money invertebrate animal photography contest and your photo had to be a tarantula, and nobody else in the contest could photo a tarantula, which tarantula would you photo to try to win the million dollars? One with interesting colors (GBB)or one with interesting colors and interesting pattern (metallica)?

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While some pokies might be over-rated, I don't see that for P. metallica. P.metallica might be over-priced at times, but in terms of pattern and color nothing really comes close.
That literally is just your opinion though.

"Color" literally refers to an entire range, and someone may prefer the color brown over blue.

*shrug*

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Results After 24 hours

After 24 hours and 73 votes Poecilotheria metallica is pulling away from the field. Over 31% of the vote. Why not 100%, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or if you want a conspiracy theory, if you don't have one, make believe they aren't that great until the price comes down.

Second place Avicularia versicolor with over 20% of the vote. Probably a more desireable sling than an adult in terms of sharp color and pattern. This has become the mainstream arboreal classic tarantula in the hobby. Very popular.

Third place GBB with over 17% of the vote. It is multicolored, it changes in appearance, and it has a loyal following. Nobody could argue this isn't one of the prettiest colored Ts in the hobby. More popular among collectors than I thought! The people that own it seem to love it. :D

ttula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus sp. blue
Iridopelma hirsutum
Psalmopoeus irminia