Bark assassin bug

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Does anyone have experience with Bark Assassin bugs (Hammatocerus purcis)? I just got one and he is in a critter keeper with cork bark, a water dish and mulch. Sound ok?

Tarantula_man94

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would definitely talk to your local pet store about food. I would say crickets but i may be wrong. I have no experience with them what so ever.

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That sounds like a good set-up. Keep water available for drinking at all times and keep food available at all times. They will readily take crix, roaches, beetles, small grasshoppers, etc.
They can reportedly live for 2-3 years.
FYI - The Bark Assassin has a new genus name. It is now recognized as Microtomus purcis. That may help you find information on them.

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That sounds like a good set-up. Keep water available for drinking at all times and keep food available at all times. They will readily take crix, roaches, beetles, small grasshoppers, etc.
They can reportedly live for 2-3 years.
FYI - The Bark Assassin has a new genus name. It is now recognized as Microtomus purcis. That may help you find information on them.

Sweet deal. The new genus name sure is a help! he is pretty cool. kind of boring during the day but really cool looking. Then come night time apparently he goes on mas killing sprees! There is no survival for anything in that cage! Now i just have to see it happen...

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
assassin food

I've kept several species of assassin and they all seem to go ape sh*t for wax worms! If that fails though, you can never go wrong with pin heads :D

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've kept several species of assassin and they all seem to go ape sh*t for wax worms! If that fails though, you can never go wrong with pin heads :D
i've had him for a while now and he takes on almost full sized crickets. i'll have to try the wax worms tho just to see if he does go crazy.

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good deal. I'm sure yours will love the wax worms. Funny thing I just remembered, since I started with them I can't get any of my assassins to take crickets to save my life!!! Good luck! ;P