Back on the saddle again...

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Hey all...I'm back, more or less. The winter was not great. At all. My personal cocktail of crazy tends to drive me to make mountains out of molehills. A chain of events unfolded that made me fall into self-loathing mode, I dropped out of school and sat in the same spot long enough that I'm surprised I'm not harboring lichen. The good news is, most of my spiders survived. I'm down 2 P. cambridgei, 2 T. sp. Honduras, 1 N. tripepii and 2 Avics, as well as losing my MM G. porteri to old age along with the other female I was hoping to breed him with. It was weird...she just faded away, despite my attempts to keep her fed and hydrated. She was an old girl though, and the people who had her before me kept her in awful conditions. Sponge, minimal substrate, copious quantities of crickets, the whole nine yards. I did my best to make her time with me less stressful. Still hate that she died though. A good friend of mine helped me get her.

In more positive news, my other G. porteri is doing fine - she's even mellowed out enough that she doesn't try to eat my hand when I grab her water dish. I suspect when I posted about expecting New Years slings I was getting a bit ahead of myself. She's getting fatter by the day though - here's hoping she'll drop a nice, big, viable sac and she doesn't abandon it this time. I also have finally rehoused my GBB and my A. geniculatta. I'll get pics ASAP, assuming I can find a lightning cable my iPad won't reject. Somewhere along the line the original cable got buggered up. Can probably thank one of the cats for that.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey all...I'm back, more or less. The winter was not great. At all. My personal cocktail of crazy tends to drive me to make mountains out of molehills. A chain of events unfolded that made me fall into self-loathing mode, I dropped out of school and sat in the same spot long enough that I'm surprised I'm not harboring lichen. The good news is, most of my spiders survived. I'm down 2 P. cambridgei, 2 T. sp. Honduras, 1 N. tripepii and 2 Avics, as well as losing my MM G. porteri to old age along with the other female I was hoping to breed him with. It was weird...she just faded away, despite my attempts to keep her fed and hydrated. She was an old girl though, and the people who had her before me kept her in awful conditions. Sponge, minimal substrate, copious quantities of crickets, the whole nine yards. I did my best to make her time with me less stressful. Still hate that she died though. A good friend of mine helped me get her.

In more positive news, my other G. porteri is doing fine - she's even mellowed out enough that she doesn't try to eat my hand when I grab her water dish. I suspect when I posted about expecting New Years slings I was getting a bit ahead of myself. She's getting fatter by the day though - here's hoping she'll drop a nice, big, viable sac and she doesn't abandon it this time. I also have finally rehoused my GBB and my A. geniculatta. I'll get pics ASAP, assuming I can find a lightning cable my iPad won't reject. Somewhere along the line the original cable got buggered up. Can probably thank one of the cats for that.
Hello! Don't sail away.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dropped out of school? I figure that web-project your asked people for permission to use their photos for was abandoned then? Or did you continue that on your own?

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Dropped out of school? I figure that web-project your asked people for permission to use their photos for was abandoned then? Or did you continue that on your own?
I did do a smaller version - used your pics actually. I'd be happy to send it to you, you'll just need Notepad++ to view it.