Back from Daytona Show!

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Just got back from the Daytona expo and I thought it was worth the 2 hour drive to get there. I thought $10 was a little steep for tickets to go inside and shop around. I had my wife and kids so that was $40 just to get in. I think $5 to $6 would be more appropriate. Oh well. There were lots of vendors although most were selling snakes/turtles/lizards (obviously). The vendors there with tarantula's that I saw were Pat Kane, Todd Gearheart, Regal Reptiles, Inland Sea Reptiles, and Glades. I brought home:

A. versicolor, B. palladum, P. cancerides, A. anax, G. aureostriata, N. colloratovillosum, L. cristata, and A. geroldi

Grand total for all (bought something from each vendor except Glades) was $72 so I'm pretty happy. There was a great selection, but I think that only CB specimens were for sale and they weren't allowed to sell WC animals at this expo. They did have some great looking adult WC specimens for display and it was great to see the various species in real life versus a photo online. There were a few Fish & Wildlife Officers walking around making sure everything was legal. All of the vendors were extremely nice and very helpful. Other than the high ticket price, the only down side was that it was really, really crowded. Not too bad at the Tarantula dealers tables, but some of the aisles were packed with people. I wouldn't let that deter you from going on Sunday as I enjoyed myself despite the large crowd.:)

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad to hear it was cool. We have to pay to get in this year also and not looking forward to losing 20 at the door. Our past experience has been really good though. Nice T's you got.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that is pretty cheap for all those tarantula you have there..

mdfic

Arachnopeon
my wife and the rest of my family went we had a blast. i will admit it was very crowded. i got

2 E. Campestratus
1 G. rosea
1 G. aureostriata
1A. Geniculata
1 emperor scorp
2 small critter keepers
1 pair 12in. tweezers

all for the low price of $43.00
my wife got a baby veiled chameleon for $20
it was way better than shopping online and having to pay shipping. i missed Todd Gearhearts booth. i was a little disappointed that there weren't more dealers selling t's. the ten bucks to get in wasn't a big deal because everything here in Orlando costs at least that much to get in.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Back from Daytona...

and we got some nice T's. We now have A. urtican 1", A metallica 1/2", A. brauhauseni1/2", A minatrix 1.5", A. moderatum1.5", A. geniculata3/4", and an adult E. campestratus. Our male E. campestratus has been looking forward to this day. We purchased from Glades Herp and Pat Kane, mostly from Pat. Nice healthy specimens and looking forward to raising these.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very nice choices, I especially like all the new Avic's you got:)
Good luck with all of them.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Watch out for the Metallica it will poop when you least expect it lol Congrats on the new additions

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, Yeah we have an A avic that likes to take aim and fire. She's a little poop cannon. I should be a laugh riot when I get it from this little one.:)

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There were wildcaught for sale also only over at the Hot show.

Snagged myself a female M robustum there.

Phil

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a Blue Fang, C.thorelli, P. reduncas, B.boehmi, and a L.cristatus. I also picked up an Amazon Tree Boa and a Red Eyed tree frog. If you have any questions about ur cham PM me...
ATB

Red eyed tree frog

Last edited: