Babycurus Gigas - What instar? How long until they are adults?

Henry1975

Arachnopeon
I have a male and a female Babycurus Gigas. The male is approximately 3 inches (7,5 cm) and the female is about 2,5 inches or 6,5 cm. Some questions:

What instar are they?

They are said to be juveniles the same age from the same mother.

How long will it be until they are adults or able to reproduce?

My initial thought was to get a pair of Jacksonis. Are Gigas harder to keep and breed?

Please help me with this.

StingerZ n more

Arachnopeon
I have Babycurus gigas...I've been keeping mine like Babycurus Jacksoni just a little bit more moister..

Henry1975

Arachnopeon
Hi. Nice to get some replies. But I decided to change my Gigas couple for Jacksonis. So I no longer have any Gigas. Big thanks anyway.

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi. Nice to get some replies. But I decided to change my Gigas couple for Jacksonis. So I no longer have any Gigas. Big thanks anyway.
May I ask why? Gigas are harder to find and usually the more "wanted" scorp.

Henry1975

Arachnopeon
I really wanted a communal setup and could not find any more Gigas of the right size to add to the two. And Jacksonis seem to be a bit easier to care for.

I have not had any arachnids for some time, but decided to reenter the hobby during this spring. Then I wanted to have Jacksonis (Had done some internet research and thought that they were the right species for me) but the seller sold me Gigas, thinking it was Jacksoni.

I admit that Gigas are really nice scorps. I loved mine. The only downside was that it was hard to keep the humidity up in the terrarium. And yes, I miss them. But Jacksonis still seem to be the right choise for now.

Henry1975

Arachnopeon
And, yes. One more reason. I originally wanted to be able to breed them and the Gigas seem to be a lot harder to breed since the females, as I understand it, often eat all of her young. Please feel free to have another opinion. Or correct me if this is wrong.

StingerZ n more

Arachnopeon
I have no bred
my B.gigas yet,but I will be separating my female into a smaller cage by herself,and will be keeping her fed very very well...that is how I have done in the past with Gravid females to ensure the best survival of the young...

Henry1975

Arachnopeon
I really wish You the best of luck in breeding the Gigas. They still are at my top five on the list of favourite scorpions. I will get this extraordinary scorps again some day. Please update when the time comes.

StingerZ n more

Arachnopeon
I really wish You the best of luck in breeding the Gigas. They still are at my top five on the list of favourite scorpions. I will get this extraordinary scorps again some day. Please update when the time comes.
I sure will up date,and I will have pictures,hope for them to mate in the next 2-3 months

StingerZ n more

Arachnopeon
I have a male and a female Babycurus Gigas. The male is approximately 3 inches (7,5 cm) and the female is about 2,5 inches or 6,5 cm. Some questions:

What instar are they?

They are said to be juveniles the same age from the same mother.

How long will it be until they are adults or able to reproduce?

My initial thought was to get a pair of Jacksonis. Are Gigas harder to keep and breed?

Please help me with this.
I keep my B.gigas around 82 degrees,keep a little bit more moister than B.jacksoni...
Give them vertical pieces of wood this ensure they can have good shedding it is important...feed them very well if keeping them together..
They are more aboreal species give them good hiding spots as well ...
The rate of growth depends on how well they are fed...,heat,moisture

StingerZ n more

Arachnopeon
I know. It was just luck in the first place. But for now focus is on their cousins.
B.jacksoni is awesome as well,they are interesting as well...they are hard to come by as well...they are in demand as well...they sell quickly when they are available as well...

Henry1975

Arachnopeon
Yes I agree. Jacksoni are great scorpions to. In fact, all in all they are at the top of my list. At least for now.