Baby Spider Finally Molted!!

lmramsey89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok. My A. Avicularia (Pinky Toe-Scadero) :D just molted. it was 3/4-1" LS but it's still too early to tell how big it is now. The only reason im so excited is that I've had it FOREVER like...months and months and it hadn't molted. Weirdo. I fed it a bunch and kep it warm too, I wanted to get it out of the Im-A-Sling-So-Im-Randomly-Gonna_die_now stage, so i was powerfeeding. And it still took forever! oh well. Molt successful. I only have a before picture so far. Also. FIRST of my T's to molt since I've had them!!

*sigh* so proud...*tear*

(ps...Yay for salt shaker house!)

Attachments

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a beautiful little one! Congrats!

Love the salt-shaker home too!!!!
:D

lmramsey89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you!! She's so darn cute...and this is terrible! All i wanna do is have her be all hardened up so i can examine her!! haha

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very cute T, but it might be a good idea to change the substrate in its salt shaker wood chips tend to mold especially when kept moist.

lmramsey89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry for the confusing pic. The top pic was the deli cup the sling came home from the pet store with. She was immediately transferred to her pre-made salt shaker house (CUTE) with coco fiber :)

PS...if you've never tried salt shakers, they were INVENTED for avics. They retain humidity but have EXCELLENT ventilation *without any...ANY...modification*. it is the absolute perfect climate.

:)

and ty, she is rather cute

Attachments

lmramsey89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OH. And it's great for their webs apparently. she is almost invisible now :)

Marcink125

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cool! avicularas are awesome. My a. versiculor sling molts every two months though, one spent eating then the other month in pre-molt and then bam new tarantula. I'm geting an Avic. amazonica soon. hehe:)

lmramsey89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is so frustrating. I made her a GORGEOUS new house but she's not hardened enough for me to rehouse her yet :p