Baby emps. question

fireultra

Arachnopeon
My friends female emp. just had babies yesterday. He removed the male and is keeping the female and the babies warm and humid. When should the babies and the females be fed? How large should the crickets be? When should he remove the babies? Thanks for everything. Matt

coco

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its a good idea to wait until the babies feed themselves before removing them.

Eurypterid

Arachnerd
Old Timer
fireultra said:
My friends female emp. just had babies yesterday. He removed the male and is keeping the female and the babies warm and humid. When should the babies and the females be fed? How large should the crickets be? When should he remove the babies? Thanks for everything. Matt
I would offer the mother a cricket at least every other day (kill the cricket first). They sometimes get very hungry after giving birth and will eat voraciously. If she doesn't take it, remove it. But keep offering them. Once the babies molt, they will also eat the crickets that you put in the cage. If you go here and follow the link to "Early Development" you can see some pics of a mother emp and her babies feeding on a cricket.

Gary

Scorpie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you did the right thing by removing the male. goodluck with the babys. baby emps are one of the most cutest things

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i got baby asians, H Spinifer, anyone know how 'motherly' H Spinifer gets? im planning on removing the babies, was told mother asians arent all that maternal and will kill and eat the babies

then a friend of mine told me, as well as i saw some pics, of the mother and babies all eating and getting along together, anyone have any ideas, they are starting to get darker, so they will be coming off soon

Wolvie

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
not usre about spinifer, but my h.laoticus kept the babies until 5th instar, and would have kept them longer, but i removed them all.
also she didnt eat a single baby, and they all moult very fast with the mother