Babies Finally

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my female emp that i didnt know if she was just fat or gravid had her babies last night ...10 of them i counted on her back at first i ws just doing a nightly check on my T's ..lizards..then checked on my emps and peeked in and saw what i thought was a weird looking bug on her so i turned on a light and to my surprise there was eigt lil devils on her back and i was curious and had to look again and this time i counted 10 and what looks like another comming ot of her ...i just wanted to share this with every one i was really excited and had already called everyone i knew so i had noone else to tell but all my friends here on the boards ..ill keep every one posted on how they do ...also should i feed her some thing?..im sure after all that she has to be hungry and i dot want her eating her babies ...

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats
keep the temps and humidity just as they are
feel free to feed mama
she'll eat what she needs and pass the rest on the the nymphs

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for the advice on the temp and humidity....ill be posting some pics as soon as she is settled a bit im trying not to disturb her as much as possible...but thats been a job by itself with my 2 daughters who like to keep useing a flashlight to see the lil ones every time i leave the room..lol

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats! :clap: , I hope to one day breed emps myself... did you buy her gravid? Dont remember. Anyways, good luck on rearing them! Keep us informed of how the little buggers get along, if any of em get eaten, or whatnot. :)

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i bought scarlet my female and morphous my male at the same time she was always a lil bigger then him then after a few months she just kept getting bigger and bigger and then well now she had them i got them oct 2004 i think but i believe it takes 14 months or something like that for them to have them (id have to get out my books again) and if so that would mean she was gravid before i bought her..i got some pics that i took im just having probs getting them to load on my computer so as soon as i get that taken care of ill post them