Babie cane toad terrarium advice

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
Bro thk u very much for ur help, ill made a top setup wih the information u gave just the light uvb that will not be possible ,hope there is another way maybe give d3 u tell me.please if it is possible. Just meal worms and fruit flys are ok. I choose cane toad cuz of his resilianse i want him to grow strong help.me.with thhme uv problem, maybe put him im shade clse to sun light
And if you redo the setup, maybe send pics of it again.
This would help, in giving further tips to make sure that your new pet has it as good as possible.

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
F
Okay, so based of these pictures I would recommend that you fully clean the enclosure of everything in it and then keep the toad on a bare bottom until you manage to get some proper substrate.
The water dish looks good, but try to put something in that helps the toad in climbing out.
And take the rusty metal out, as the toad might hurt itself on it.
So I´d recomment that for now, you take everything out of the enclosure and clean it (except the water dish, the hide and the toad). And in order of getting substrate, I think the cheapest thing would be that you take something from nature (best when the area is as clean as possible).
Also you could use eggshells and put them and some grain into a seperate box and add the mealworms. The worms will eat the eggshells (basically calcium) and when the toad eats them, it gets the calcium it needs.
I just googled it and found out that the toads don´t need the UVB, if they get a healty enough diet.
So try to feed the feeding insects for them with healthy things and then the toad will be healthy as well.
riend so happy we had his convesation.. Never thought in put egg shel to.mealworms this is just genius. Ill.do that stuuff and send pics tomorrow

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Cane toads are pretty awful pests here in Australia, but if they're native it's fine. They're very easy to keep for an amphibian.

Substrate: moist coco peat or soil/dirt. Make sure it's at least as deep as the toad is tall

Food: mealworms, crickets, cockroaches. They'll eat most insects as long as they can't fit in the toad's mouth

Hides: a halved terracotta pot, coconut hide, halved plastic pot, piece of plastic pipe, etc. they'll hide in anything that's like a small cave

Water: keep the substrate moist but not too wet and give it a water dish. The dish should be big enough for the whole road to fit in, but not too big because they still need room out of water. The dish should only be shallow, maybe a third to half the height of the toad

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Thx what about siza cage
Well adult cane toads get huge, but don't move much unless looking for a mate or if they're hungry. So I'd say an average 20 gallon tank would be good for an adult, a baby can be housed in something smaller but if you want to just have something it can live in its whole life get a 20 gallon

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
Well adult cane toads get huge, but don't move much unless looking for a mate or if they're hungry. So I'd say an average 20 gallon tank would be good for an adult, a baby can be housed in something smaller but if you want to just have something it can live in its whole life get a 20 gallon
What about noww a nice one uh

Attachments