B.Vagans or G.Rosea for my 40th tarantula. Which one should I get?

bxzel

Arachnopeon
This is gonna be my 40th and maybe my last tarantula for now. I have to choose between a B.Vagans or G.Rosea because one of my neighbors is selling them for only 30$ each and they are both 4 inches female.
(Not bad eh?) I can afford the two of them but I decided to get only one. In my collection I never had any G.Rosea or a B.Vagans.

I'm temporarily won't buy any tarantulas because I am saving up some money to buy a
female P.Metallica :laugh: :giggle: :wink:

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
G. rosea. If you don't have one in your collection you're missing out. It's a staple of any collection imo.

macbaffo

Arachnolord
R: B.Vagans or G.Rosea for my 40th tarantula. Which one should I get?

The one you don't already have or the one you like most.

alpine

Arachnosquire
I personally would say get the rosea, but I am rather biased as I am trying to get one now lol :p Either way just get what you like more,or whichever one of the two is calmer when you handle them. :)

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say B.Vagans cause they look AWESOME, but that's because I already have a rosea lol You don't have one so I'd say get one =P You've pretty much got to have one haha

Tarac

Arachnolord
Both? 40.1 and 40.2? I like B. vagans better, personally if you can only get one... but if you can only get one then you must not really be a hobbyist ;)

bxzel

Arachnopeon
Both? 40.1 and 40.2? I like B. vagans better, personally if you can only get one... but if you can only get one then you must not really be a hobbyist ;)
I already have 39 t's does it still not make me a hobbyist ? :laugh:

Anyway, thank you for all of your suggestions and opinions I finally decided to take the B.Vagans.

/thread

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats a good choice, but everyone is right, g.rosea are a must in the collection. Its good that your keeping yourself to a number. I once told my wife "i only want one" then "Okay ten at the most" now I have lost count. Its just part of it all.

Tarac

Arachnolord
I already have 39 t's does it still not make me a hobbyist ? :laugh:

Anyway, thank you for all of your suggestions and opinions I finally decided to take the B.Vagans.

/thread
Not at all, to qualify as a certified addict... errr... I mean "hobbyist" you must be unable to resist buying both lol. Good choice on the vagans IMO, they're very nice. Not so slow in terms of growth for a Brachypelma either.

Nisrene

Arachnopeon
I completely understand limiting yourself to save for the P. Metallica. I am currently saving for one as well (just a sling I really want to be able to watch it grow up) I think my husband thinks I am crazy for wanting to spend so much on "just a spider" as he calls it, but they are so beautiful I don't care. ;P

ViolenceFreak

Arachnopeon
Great choice! I have both of them and they are both great but the colors on the vagans is just beautiful. Plus g.roseas are super cheap i recently picked up a 6inch one for $15 off of another forum member.