B. Vagans not going...maybe?

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My B. Vagans iv had since near the end of August or early September has molted 2 or maybe 3 times, i dont know exactly because of how much it burrows. Anyways it was .5in when i first got it and it seems to have not grown at all. It does not eat very often for a reason i do not know, maybe it just doesnt like roaches. Is this normal? i remember reading somewhere that B. Vagans are faster growers then other species from its genus. help anyone?

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I also have had mine ever since October I think, and its molted once since now, and didnt grow much after the molt either.

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
????

Mine is not that way at all and everything I have read is the same or close to mine.....thay are noted for being good eaters.:? My Vagans went from 1/2" to 3" in 9 months

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Yes, B. vagans are noted as one of the fastest growing in the genus Brachypelma.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is it possible that the food could b to big for it? even if its pre killed it doesnt eat much

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what color is a typical 1/4 in - .5in?
Mine doesnt look anything like a mature b. vagans.
Mine eats fine if that helps.

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes just making sure.
My b. albopilosum grew twice as fast though and they are supposed to be slow growers. (I never power fed either)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what color is a typical 1/4 in - .5in?
Mine doesnt look anything like a mature b. vagans.
Mine eats fine if that helps.
Yours wont look nothing like a matue B. vagans.. They wont get their adult colors for a while... Atleast untill it hits 2''+.. Even then it wont have its mature colors...

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
is it possible that the food could b to big for it? even if its pre killed it doesnt eat much
With temps around 78-82F, a constant supply of fresh water, in a stress-free/low-stress environment and it should grow like a weed. Trying misting the enclosure(not the spider) once in a while and see what happens.

A pic of the enclosure and some information on the conditions of the cage would be helpful.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the room is eather between 75-78 because my mom wont let me have it any higher. since its small its in a little catch up container u can pick up at any fast food place for ur fries. and i dont mist the cage just put a couple of drops on the side of the wall every week. didnt think they liked humidity so i dont do it often. the enclosure is in my room but hardly do i ever have music on or anything loud. mostly painting or doing something on the internet on the week days no one is in my room from 6am to 5pm cause of school. then i just work on hw. so not much noise. and guessing its stress free but there is the very occasional little cousins who come and make a lot of noise. hardly though.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes just making sure.
My b. albopilosum grew twice as fast though and they are supposed to be slow growers. (I never power fed either)
Actually, B. albopilosum are one of the faster growing Brachys. Our male which Mackenzie got as a .5" sling matured in about 2 years.

To the OP, we have 6 B. vagans, and some are growing like crazy, and some are taking their time. Just be patient, it sounds like you're doing everything right.

Cass

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yours wont look nothing like a matue B. vagans.. They wont get their adult colors for a while... Atleast untill it hits 2''+.. Even then it wont have its mature colors...
Mine did! @ 2" red rump and black velvet body.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive noticed they strat to grow a little faster, once they get the black and red.....i had a female mature in jus under a year(from a 1/4 inch sling)....hope this helps ya out