B. vagans Molting Question

Devastar

Arachnopeon
Okay this is the first time I've encountered this (actually second, on the same T). My 4-inch B. vagans created a molting mat and went into molting position few hours ago (on her back against the mat). Then after an hour I came back to see her back on her feet, I mean, what, make up your mind lady. Do I also need to mention that this girl did not molt on its back like my other terrestrials Ts, probably 3 months ago, found her on her side that time, exuvia under her.

She's in a dry enclosure with cocofibre substrate, with a full waterdish (no overflow), temps above 24c, below 26c. idk about humidity but ive got 1hp AC and she's 1m below it. it's pretty cool right now (coz monsoon) and there's never been condensation in her enclosure really, so i guess not too humid.

Devastar

Arachnopeon
UPDATE: She just started molting. Carapace has been taken off. This is the second time she molted upright. The only one T in my collection to do this. She's a bit... special, i guess. Will update again if it's successful. I didn't do anything to disturb her btw.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tarantulas love to keep us on our toes and do things that defy what has been touted as "normal" in the hobby... Generally, they know what they are doing better than we know what they're doing (;

Fingers crossed for a successful molt!

Devastar

Arachnopeon
UPDATE:

it's a successful molt, also, HE is handsome now with HIS hooks and boxing gloves. The seller of this B. vagans is so dead lmao

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Glad the molt went well, for the record...you can keep his species with some moisture.

Also, be careful placing tarantula enclosures near cold drafts or even in the path of an AC vent. The blowing cold air can slowly kill them.